Thinking of getting a monkey...

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by WaterLillyFairy, Oct 14, 2003.

1. Ever get the monkey?

2. my mom's friend had a monkey and it was a real asshole.

i guess he was literally a monkey in a cage:confused_2:

3. If you're too selfish share your weed with your monkey, then you don't deserve a monkey.

Owning a monkey is a privilege, and with any privilege comes responsibilities. You wouldn't want to be an irresponsible monkey keeper would you?

4. Owning a money would definately be be pretty sick but you should start a small first with like a dog/cat, then you can get the picture on how taking care of a pet really is. Although a monkey would be a dope ass pal to have around. It would be like Grandmas Boy lol.

5. Ive heard that in almost all cases, no matter how well you treat them, the monkeys will eventually get really violent.

And even if that werent true, Monkeys are alot of maintenance, I think the work to maintain it would outweigh the novelty of a monkey.

6. Oh god no not the monkey. Anything but the monkey!

7. they are all super fun and games, until they reach sexual maturity, thats when they start takin limbs.

8. they are all super fun and games, until they reach sexual maturity, thats when they start takin limbs.

9. holy shit this thread is fuckin old...i bet the person who created it isn't even active anymore.

i would rather get a lemur though just sayin

10. do it, they are super chill 

11. watch 'Monkey Shines' and then get back to me

12. Curious George the sequel lol. What ever happened to OP and his money?

13. Monkeys are hard to take care of, much harder than a dog. Not to mention they are more dangerous as well. 

14. Monkeys, although cute, make lousy pets 9 times out of 10! My Laboratory Tech teacher said NEVER to trust them, never turn your back on them. And that they seem to get crazier if the gal handling them was having her period. Also, like raccoons, they seem to get how to turn a faucet on, but not off! Have the stopper in the sink, and you could come home to a flood!

The fantasy does not live up to the reality!

Get a dog or a cat!

Granny

15. It sounds like a great idea, unless of course you're serious.

16. My uncle had one, and he had it chained to the clothesline in order to exercise...but it only terrorized my mom and shit all over the laundry and ripped the clothes off the line...great pet... :rolleyes:

17. #37 Vicious, Oct 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2013

More like the monkey will get jealous and try to off your kid due to jealousy, a hubby? Forget it. Many years back I got into a several hour long convo with a woman who raised monkeys for a living and she mentioned not being able to have children due to it being a common issue. I have no idea if this applies to Capuchin but I'd do extensive research before raising an exotic animal.

18. More proof that people are stupid......

19. make a video of you giving its first bath. ive always wanted to see human flesh peeled off the bones by a terrified monkey.(please be a marmoset!!)

20. #40 travilanche, Oct 15, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
    Monkeys belong in the jungle. Like tigers and lions, they should never be pets.

P.s. to shaddy. I think we might have been in the same gtao room last night. What is your psn?