Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking of getting a lock box for my car

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nascarfan, Aug 1, 2010.

1. To transport weed in, and not carrying the keys on me. Does this offer me any real protection?

I mean the way I see it, if a cop asks me to open it, and I don't have the keys, what can they do? I could claim it's from a charity benefit I'm working with and I just keep the box, the don't give me the keys.

What do you guys think?

2. It will prevent people stumbling on it, though if a police officer is truly interested they could find a way to open it if they're suspicious or call in the dogs.

In the end it's a worthy investment regardless of whether or not a police officer would have reasonable clause to get it opened. Though if you've correctly refused a search and they see reasonable clause to search your car they have enough to call someone in to open it.

3. Ah but see I'd never give probably cause, because I'm a safe driver, and I never smoke while I'm carying more than a joint's worth or so. Too hard to hide. Too much risk.

But this brings me to my next question, how do I cover the smell in a locked box?

4. i would throw some of those tree air fresheners in there haha

5. If they have probable cause and you don't have the key they can detain you and break open the box. Also, lying about the nature of said box is one additional crime they can charge you with (making false statements to police).

Why would you transport it in something you can't open anyways? Just keep it at home where it belongs.

6. Okay I have a tendency of being over the top with these things - road trips etc.

But there's an easy way I like I have two a4 sized zip lock bags. I place the weed in the middle bag and seal it.
    Then pour some ground coffee granules into the second bag (if you have a coffee machine it's much easier.) Then I grind up some pepper into the second bag as well. Seal the bag and it's generally enough to keep the smell in. If you're really worried use a third bag same mix.

7. Good point, I won't be doing that.

The only reason I'd transport is after a pick up. Arrive with the box unlocked, close it after the pick up. Unlock it when I get home and stash it.

8. just use a mason jar and a backpack. put the mason jar in the backpack, toss some other crap in the backpack, toss the backpack in the trunk. you could even put the mason jar in a lunch box, and be sure to have some random clutter to make the backpack seem like its been there for awhile. you could even go as far as to having napkins and fork/spoon in the lunch box to almost disguise the mason jar.

9. http://www.grasscity.co.uk/img/products/stash_cans_pepsi.jpg

10. You should already be storing your herb in a clean glass mason jar, so get another, clean it out, let it dry(very important) completly, and put it in the lockbox, in the trunk.

Not smoking or holding in your car is a great idea. But you also should keep your cat neat, sometimes a messy car may cause suspicion.

Take a look at Flexyourrights on YouTube.

11. You're overthinking things, worrying too much. Just act normally and don't drive like an idiot. If you get pulled over don't give them a reason to think anything is wrong, just be respectful and take the ticket for whatever.

12. what you do is get one about the height and width of a dvd, just thicker, and you can put the box for a boxedd set of dvds around it, they dont give it a second thought.

13. This guy knows whats up.

If you're driving around all nervous and sketchy because you have some weed in the car, the chances of you actually getting pulled over are probably higher.

Just chill, remember that even if you do get pulled over for whatever reason, the po-lice probably don't suspect that you have bud on you.

I personally keep my bud in my pocket, because I don't drive like an idiot.

14. That is actually too sick, it'd fool me

15. ^^^ I have a mountain dew one of those, it works great but doesn't contain smell very well.

16. No that would look ultra sketch in my car because it's an 89 Camry, it doesn't have a CD player lol.

17. my brother put a small metal box with lock under someones car for them an they can put like a half ounce in it with a pipe an when cop searches your car thy find nothing :)

18. I am wondering what y'all are doing in your cars that you even have to worry about a search. Don't be stupid about how you drive and you should never be searched in the first place.

19. A special edition of an video game works just the same, keep it in an ebgames bag for extra believableness (not a word, i know), to osg, this is a back up plan, hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

20. Glass Jar -> Backpack -> Trunk -> Safe driving.

All you need.