Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking of getting a bong

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MLT, Dec 13, 2009.

1. Besides personal preference, are bongs really that much better than just using blunts/joints? I'm thinking of getting one of those mini bongs since I don't really have the money for the more expensive ones. I've used spoons before and I don't really like them (they give me a weird high for some reason but maybe i'm just not using them right.)

Anyways, how often do you use your bong if you have one, and do you think I should get one?

2. if you dont like using a spoon, i would say try a bong before you buy one. it does get you a lot higher and you can get really nice hits, a lot better than joints. i use mine every time, mainly because my pipe broke. the only down side is they arent discrete like a pipe or a joint. that's my two cents

3. Bong's aren't like spoons. I hate spoons and think nobody should own one. They're really only good b/c they're small and can fit in ur pocket in my opinion.
    Bongs hit mad nice and get you more ripped then with blunts and joints IMO.
    Get one for sure

4. If you don't like spoons maybe you should try out a bubbler, it's like a mini bong, it's portable, and they're just badass. Although bongs rip like a mother fucker. Just depends on what your looking for.

5. It really depends on where you live, if theres a place like china town where you live, you can get a glass one for pretty cheap down there. Hell, mine was only 18 bucks man. Even if I use it often or not it was still a hellofa deal. And yeah. I like joints still. But a bong is fucking clean man. No burning sensation at all.

6. Buying a bong was one of the best things I've done. You can save so much weed and get blasted for hours on end with just a few rips.

I get different highs with blunts, one hitters, bubblers, and bongs. That said you should try one before you buy one...so far it's my favorite type of high.

Bong rips ftw

7. Maybe you don't like the feeling of a spoon because its more of a 'stoned' feeling, I would generally attribute this feeling to a bong but if you've never used one before, quite a bit diff from a joint. I guess you could describe it like "when you smoke from a bong you get 'stoned', when you smoke from a joint you get 'high'".

I like smoking joints at parties, I feel just nice and high. But I like getting stoned/blazed/ripped from bongs by myself or with a few mates.

8. I decided to grab a bong when my bigger pipe hits were starting to get harsh. Basically grab a bong if you want cooler filtered smoke for bigger hits. If you're not into hits and want to chill while smoking, I'd say grab a bubbler. You still get a part of the water filtration.
    Keep in mind though, that bubblers can be just as expensive as bongs if you're looking in the lower price range.

9. Well If hiding your pieces not an issue then you should get a bong. Like other people said you should try a friends bong before buying one incase you change your mind. If you like smoking out of a bong you should start off by buying an inexpensive one then maybe in time putting more money into a really good one.

10. First things first, buy a bong for sure.

Second, yeah I'd say it's better than blunts and joints. You'll get a lot higher and conserve way more bud with a bong over rolling your .5 -1g into single jays or one blunt. Literally .1 of bud in a bong being smoked by someone who doesn't rip bongs often will get you high as a kite. I have a medicali and my friend has a zob we use often, nowadays it takes me maybe 4-5 hits to be hi as a kite. That's my tolerance though.

As for which bong, I'd go with any bong that is real glass and has thickness. Major areas of glass weakness on bongs would be around the joint area, where the downstem goes into the water. If the joints here are weak, over time it could easily break with one wrong slip of your hand. Another good way to check thickness is to flick the bottom of the bong with your finger, the glass should not sound high-pitched when tapping it but should be more muffled in sound (this is a shitty way of explaining, hopefully you understand. When you flick it, you'll know). I would stay away from any sort of ceramic bong. Thickness may not be a huge issue to you, but if you don't follow it make sure you take extra extra care of it because it could be a lot more fragile. My friends have broken my medicali twice, and I didn't see it coming either time, and the thickness on that is pretty good even.

Furthermore, clean it often because the dirtier it gets, the harder it gets to clean and shittier it tastes. As for how often I use mine, whenever I have bud really haha. It will become your favorite piece, I guarantee. Oh and, some dislike bong rips because of chest pain etc, but I noticed after about a month of periodic smoking I got used to it. I can draw in almost full clears now without coughing a shit ton. Hell, every now and then I roll a dutch or two and I can only smoke about half of it and my throat is messed. The bong doesn't hurt my throat at all.

buy one and enjoy :smoking::smoking:

11. Haha @ Grizzlybearman: dude. When I first got my bong I smoked maybe once every two weeks or so. I had NO tolerance. And I smoked 5 bowls of Hawaiian Indica and Sweet Tooth by myself. Then I passed out. lol