Thinking of diy Full Spectrum Leds

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by StealthyBuds, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Hello all, Im building a stealth cabinet and dont have much room ( Dusting off and updating my stealth cabinet ), and really want FS grow leds. I was looking at some screw in bulbs for the seedling/veg and flower chamber. But after getting dimensions of the bulbs, i dont believe ill have the proper distance required for the lights.

Could I make a FS led panel for my chambers, what wattage, and what materials would i need ?

Thanks for the help.

Attached Files:

2. #2 GroovyGas, Feb 5, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2019
    [​IMG]
    Those are ur average store LED’s.
    3000k and 8 watts - 40 watts total
    It’s my fathers but I’m finishing it up for him. The drivers coming in the mail soon. HLG-120 Driver
    Pretty simple build sounds right up ur alley.
    Or you can just buy one all set up the
    HLG 40 is a good choice.
    I guess it all depends on ur grow cabinet.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Whats the length and width of your cabinet?

4. The flower chamber is 11.5 inches deep, 14.25 inches wide and 28.50 inches tall

5. I've got two new cabinets I just finished up this weekend. Freestanding shelving units enclosed with whiteboard panel and lined with mylar emergency blankets; 100w COB in a 12 x 12 slimline model for veg/overflow - 150w COB in a 14 x 36 flowering box. Lights run without drivers or cooling and are nearly flush mounted giving me the most headroom possible; roughly 30 inches of vertical space in both. These units might work for your purposes.
    IMG_20190217_113029.jpg IMG_20190216_175854.jpg IMG_20190216_175933.jpg

6. I used to install these round panels in super markets as their great for fruits and veggies in the markets garden.. some were so strong some managers of the department will noticing their fruits rippening so fast theyll turn some off purposly.. idk how good they are for growing tho..

(Remember having about 1000 round panels in my back seat at a time.. only if i grew then!!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks like you got it figured. I was going to figure out Hinflux or F series Samsung modules and mount to an aluminum sheet. I think both come in 1ft.

8. Yea there extremely bright. They were meant to be floodlights. I could build a nice light with 1,000 of those lol
    I’m gonna lower the wattage down to 40 watts on one of the Qb132’s I’m getting and test it vs the 40 watt floodlight. There both 3000k but this one’s just not the Samsung diodes.

• Like Like x 2
  9. I was looking into the 300w growstar full spectrum UFO. Or maybe the 150w. Both of their dimensions will fit my flowering chamber. But idk if it will have enough distance from the plants. I may have to do a scrog grow

10. Thanks for all the help. After researching and looking at reviews. I decided to go with the 150w growstar ufo light for $52. I figured itwas the best option for the space i got.

Attached Files: