Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking of buying a vape, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by 420 High Times, Apr 18, 2009.

1. How much does a good one cost?
    2. How much in weight (0.00) does it take you get you high?
    3. Can I get one at a head shop? b/c i cant buy one online
    4. Is it good for a group session?
    5. Over all was it worth buying?

1. 1. My digivape was about 150, a good price for what i got, if you ask me.
    2. Haha, I've never weighed a session. Pack a joint's worth and it'll be like smoking three.
    3. Yes, at least, I did. A place called the Roadshow.
    4. It's the best, everyone loves coming to my place because I'm the only one with the vape, so I've always got people knocking on my door with dank wanting to vaporize it with me. It's the fuckest greatest.
    5. More than anything else I've ever bought.

:smoking:doooo ittttt

2. #3 dangreen, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    1. How much does a good one cost? a decent one is around $150 Vap One, The Mystifier. HerbalAire about $230. The Volcano is $495-$600
    2. How much in weight (0.00) does it take you get you high? just depends on the quality of your product, and your tolerance for MJ.
    3. Can I get one at a head shop? b/c i cant buy one online Yes but expect to pay more
    4. Is it good for a group session? Certain styles, I don't recommend wood box style for group sessions.
    5. Over all was it worth buying? Yes, MJ has been proven to cause cancer from smoking out of a bong for 10 years with a lighter. Also the compounds that you want from the cannabis burn at 360 degrees, a tip of a lighter is burning much hotter then that of 935 degrees. And Cannabidials burn at 220 degrees which are to help relive pain. So your are inhaling butane and other compounds of the cannabis, that are just harmful to your lungs. I would defiantly recommend getting one, but I don't think you get as Stoned from them overall. But once you use the bud in the vaporizer, you can still use it to wash (make hash) or butter. :D

3. Dude get a da buddha vape i got one for $160 best money I've ever spent saves so much weed and gets you so much higher. Its a good price considering it does the job of a way more expencive one

4. I've had a Silver Surfer Vaporizer (SSV) for months and I love it. I've also used the cheaper but more versatile Vapir Air One 5.0 and liked that as well. I know those are links to webstores, but I've seen some vaporizers sold at one of my local head shops. They sell some cheap box vaporizers, the SSV, and the very expensive Volcano.

5. Will you share this proof with us?

6. he's not really saying that MJ causes cancer so much as the butane. its actually been proven that the inhalation of the fumes given off from butane lighters cause cancer and lung problems later on down the road. i think the other point they're tryin to get across is that vaporizers produce no smoke as opposed to a joint/bong/pipe and thus reduces the chances of having any breathing trouble or lung problems later in life.

7. 1. Depends what you think of as a good vape. You could get a decent one anywhere from $50 to like $500.
    2. Usually takes me a .2 cone to get buzzed, then I see if I want more (this is just before bed, helps me get to sleep, not so much to get baked as fuck). .5g in a vape would get me high aaaas, and 1g in a vape would kill me. (of course, depends on quality of bud).
    3. Yup they sell em at headshops.
    4. Yup they're awesome from group sessions, you just pass around the whip/bag, easy as fuck.
    5. YES. Save more weed, save your lungs. They're the best investment bro.

8. 1. 100-500 dollars from what i've seen, but you can make a very good home made one (not necessarily the light bulb ones)

2. depends on bud and your tolerance. All I can say is that my vape gets me about 2.5 times higher with the same amount and quality of bud.

3. Probably, but again, you should consider making one. I use a light bulb one, which is crude and usially requires a little burning of the weed to get all the THC out, but it gets the job done. You can find probably find a tutorial on google for making a decent home made one if you don't fine the light bulb one sufficent.

4. Depends. If you buy a volcano vape, then yes because all the vapor is stored in a giant bag. If you make one, then yeah you can still but you might have to change the weed.

5. imo no, because I find homemade ones to be more than sufficent. Obviously a store bought one would be more accurate and reliable, but it costs lots of money that i'd rather spend on weed.

Hope that helps dude

9. 1. Da Buddha or Vapor Bros are the cheapest ones that are still good quality (at least from my searching). I went with the Da Buddha for about $170. Pretty much the same as it's more expensive brother, the Silver Surfer Vaporizer.
    2. Keep in mind my tolerance is pretty low, but by myself, I'll usually have three hits or so and be blasted. So maybe like 0.15 grams.
    3. Some headshops carry them, but obviously you'll get better selection and prices online. Can always use a money order and get it sent to a friend's place.
    4. It's not as easy as passing around a joint or pipe, and new users may need a primer, but all my friends love it and always ask me to bring it over. It's a little more fidgety or a little more involved than passing a j, but no one cares because they know they're gonna get fucking high.

5. Yes.
    Yes.

And in case you didn't hear me...

Yes.

It's honestly the best weed-related investment I've made. It concerves weed like no other. Vaped leftovers can be used for hash or edibles. It allows me to smoke in my room without tipping off my parents. The taste is great. It has numerous health benefits over smoking. It gives more of an energetic, head high, which I love.

10. I'm not going to go through the 1 - 5 shit.. but yes, vapes are definitely worth it. They range from roughly $120 - $700. Volcanos are the best imo, but any vape is definitely worth it.

vapes conserve your weed, makes hits taste a lot better, much healthier for you, get you higher, and overall is a great buy for any stoner. VIVA LA VAPORIZORAS

haha I'm high, hope this helped a little. peace all :wave:

11. 1. Around $200 (I got my Extreme Vaporizer for 210 on ebay)
    2. depends on quality but with decent dank prolly like .3 g
    3. Yes, but they are extremely overpriced at head shops (Extreme was 425 at my local shop)
    4. Absolutely. A vapes great for chillin with ppl at someones house or if you get a solid one that u can use with ur friends in the car
    5. My Extreme vaporizers prolly one of the best investments of my life. I was looking for the best one for a considerable price nd came down to The Extreme and the Volcano. The Extreme is similar to the Volcano but a little cheaper and allows for both whip and balloon use whereas the Volcano is strictly balloon.

12. #13 lwien, Apr 18, 2009
    True, but ONLY if the you are breathing in butane fumes from an UNLIT lighter.

As far as the other questions, I answered them in the exact same thread that you posted in the Apprentice forum.: http://forum.grasscity.com/apprentice-tokers/375398-thinking-buying-vape-worth.html

13. #14 WEEirDo, Apr 18, 2009
    To me, I think vapes more for the veteran smoker, because a good vape is gonna make a nice dent in your pocket.

But if you can afford it, from the few times Ive used one, a vape + a keif catcher of some sort = win. What we did with the one we used was vape some weed and since the weed wasnt burned we used it to put keif on and smoke a bowl with a bong.

Also, its like hitting air its that clean, and from what I remember there wasnt any smell.

The only thing I think a vape lacks, is the fun factor. I think its fun hitting a bong, especially with friends, b/c you can rip a bong, milk it, do smoke tricks and stuff you dont think about when smoking.

But, it would be cool to have a vape to just hit on a day that you may be sick or something so you dont have to deal with any smoke, or if you just are chillin and wanna be lazy :D

edit: Also, if you dont really have a budget, Id get a Volcano, I havnt used one personally, but the reviews of it are amazing.

14. I think im going to get a vape within afew months, Do I have to call it anything specific at a headshop? Like you have to call a bong a water pipe

15. No, just vaporizer.

16. one of my friends told me he could get 8 hits off a 20th of a gram(i doubt thats true but you get the picture)

17. #18 lwien, Apr 18, 2009
    I can get 4 hits from 0.025g with my Purple Days vape, so depending on the vape, your friends quote of being able to get 8 hits off a 20th of a gram is very feasible.

Really depends on the size of the bowl, the coarseness of your grind and the dryness of your bud, but ALL vapes are more efficient and will get you high on less weed than ANY kind of smoking will.

But in the efficiency department, the Purple Days is the most efficient vape on the market.

1. How much does a good one cost?
    in my opinion u get what u pay for. i have a volcano classic. u can find htem on craiglist for cheaper then stores or online

1. How much in weight (0.00) does it take you get you high?
    If its crystally shit then 0.1 will get me and a friend really messed up. (2 bags full, one at 5.5 and one at 8.5)

1. Can I get one at a head shop? b/c i cant buy one online
    They sell various types at all headshops aroudn me

1. Is it good for a group session?
    yeah. i can throw the bag across the room. u can add bigger bags if u are having a party.

1. Over all was it worth buying?
    hell yes if u smoke everyday

18. #20 dumped43, Apr 18, 2009
    i just bought a silver surfer. pack the wand about 1/4 full and it will get u and a friend RIPPED. tastes great, not much smell, no coughing (unless u turn it up a little too hot and rip it real hard, but then u risk burning the weed which is not the idea with a vape) and you can use the leftovers for edibles from what i have heard. smells real strange, not really like weed, but i cant really compare the smell to anything else. maybe popcorn and coffee mixed? haha

anyways, its a very nice high, it will save u bud, and its better for you. if you can save up the 200 or so for a good one, its def worth it IMO.

actually, i just started hittin the vape and i just realized what the smell is like. mostly like ground up tea, but not exactly the same.. haha