Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking of buying a vape, is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by 420 High Times, Apr 18, 2009.

1. How much does a good one cost?
    2. How much in weight (0.00) does it take you get you high?
    3. Can I get one at a head shop? b/c i cant buy one online
    4. Is it good for a group session?
    5. Over all was it worth buying?

1. I'm wondering the same thing too. Saw one at the gas station the other day that was about $60. Isn't $60 pretty low for a vape? Maybe its just a sucky vape? I dunno. Help please!!!

2. definitelya shitty vaporizer. i personally dont like them, and younger people like myself dont really like them that much. I would much rather smoke a blunt as a group.

3. Is it worth it? Hell yeah, it's worth it, considering that with the amount you'll save on weed, that vape will pay for itself in no time.

How much does a good one cost?
    If I were you, I'd start out with a VaporGenie. It's only 50 bucks and a great intro into vapes to see if you'll like it. Need a lighter though. For electric vapes, think in the range between 150-200 bucks.

How much weight to get me high?
    I use a Purple Days vape. The bowl will only hold 0.025g and you can get 3 to 4 hits off of one bowl. For me, one bowl of chronic is all I need. (see how much money that's gonna save ya?)

Head Shops?
    Not all vape brands but you can get some of them. Do some research here as well as at fuckcombustion.com . Do not buy a no-name brand though.

Group Session?
    Yes, most vapes are great for group sessions. A few are not.

Is it worth it?
    Like I said, you'll end up with a free vape because you'll use less weed.
    It's healthier for you. No smoke and toxins.
    The high is more of a clear headed head high. Not a couch-lock high.
    Smells less for stealth.

Hope this helps.

4. 1. $50-$500. Only thing is they're priced higher if they're higher quality, so if you buy a 500 dollar one you get what you are paying for.
    2. You can get pretty blazed off of a few hits of about 0.03.
    3. Not really sure, only time I've ever seen them for sale is online so I couldn't tell you.
    4. Yes it is. But I enjoy them better alone.
    5. YES. Here's why:

A. Better for you, absolutely no damage to health.
    B. You get higher off of less.
    C. Better high, allows you to accomplish more.
    D. Small and hardly smells in case you're still with parents.
    E. Can be made homemade and it's not bad either.

5. Check out fuckcombustion.com

Everything you need to know is there, you'll find a lot better vape info than you will on this site.

6. ^^qft !

7. Umm.......that's debatable.

I think that there are those that would be totally satisfied with a 150 to 200 vape.

8. yes buy one. first off, you wont regret it. second, you will notice the difference in your lungs, throat and mouth... just wait. third, SMOKING IS BAD and it can cause emphysema

9. No, no, and most of the time no. 500 dollar vaporizers are not worth their costs. They were years ago when the technology was new, but today they are not. They are ridiculously inflated. A 150-200 dollar vaporizer will function as well or better than a higher end model, such as the Volcano. My suggestions: Da Buddha, Silver Surfer Vaporizer, V-Tech Tower, or VaporBrothers for groups. Purple Days for personal use (most efficient vaporizer on the market). If you are on a small budget, go for a VaporStar or VaperGenie model.

No to the last two points since homemade vaporizers do pose some risks to one's health. Lightbulbs contain residues that if are not adequetely cleaned can cause serious health concerns. Other homemade vaporizers are okay, but are far from being as efficient or easy to use as their professional counterparts.

10. Well I have a VaporBros that cost me around $150, and I love it:hello:
    I load .2 bowls for one session by myself, maybe .4 per bowl with people,
    You can get one at a headshop, although its cheaper to order online (for me anyways)
    They're great for personal sessions and group sessions, even large group sessions.

Was it worth buying? Yes, Yes, and yes, for many reasons
    Its also much healthier than smoking which is an added bonus.

11. #12 lwien, Apr 18, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2009
    Totally agree, but I'd add the 'Cano as an option in there for groups. I know. It's REALLY expensive, but it's one helluva great bag vape, and a bit more convenient than passing around a whip. But I sure do agree with everything else.

12. I got my "box vape" for 110$ has adjustable temp with digital display and glass on glass vape whip it works really well and I don't think 110 for a vape is too pricey.

13. Ok. Mr. grass, you already made your purchase, so this is addressed to anyone else that may be reading this thread.

From everything that I have heard, DO NOT buy any Chinese knockoffs, and this is one of them.

There's a few reasons. One, is that they typically don't come with any kind of warranty. Two, is that there have been many users who have reported that they don't last very long. Three, there has been many reports of temperature control problems, in that the temp fluctuates. And four, and worst of all, is that there may be lead contaminates in the vapor path.

My suggestion is to always get a vape from a brand name manufacturer. You may pay a bit more, but you will escape many of the issues that I mentioned above.

14. I have a Vapor Brothers and it's been very reliable and very useful. You can feel how much healthier it is for you. It also creates a different and, if used properly, a much stronger high while conserving your weed.