Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking of buying a piece...need advice

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by buffalo bill, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Wagwan GC,

Now, i'm no newbee smoker, but i've never actually owned a pipe or bong before. I've smoked from a pipe, but joints have always been my shit. Pieces just ain't that big in England, ya know?

So anyway, i'm taking a trip to Camden on Saturday. Any advice on what kind of piece to get? Which do you all think make for a better smoke, a pipe or a bong?

I really want a stone carved pipe, but if bongs are that much better i'll just cop one of those.

Any advice on materials? I don't want to get SARS fromt his shit or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. SARS. Found on bongs and pipes. Be wary all.

3. Suck yourself man I was joking I just don't want Alzheimer's from flakey pieces or whatever :p

4. Alzheimers. Now found in your bongs and pipes made from stone.

5. Glass, it's what's for smokin out of.

6. Is painted glass an issue? I heard something about paint flaking off and fucking up your shit? Is that true?

7. Sorry i was just messing :wave:

Painted glass i'd say... no unless it was like PAINTED IN THE BOWL or inside of the BONG. I'd get a pipe...bongs just aren't as fun to me lol its all opinon see what you like most when you go there.

8. Haha it's all cool man :) Yeah I hear you I want to get me a Gandelf pipe that would be so sick.

9. Don't buy painted glass, but colored or fumed glass is totally fine and safe. Clear glass is good too.

I reccomend a small glass spoon pipe(sometimes just reffered to as a bowl, but so are the bowls on any other piece) of at LEAST 3 inches in length if not more. Look for a small bowl hole so that it's not easy to accidently suck ash through.
    ALWAYS inspect every inch of the glass for defects such as cracks, scratches, air bubbles, thin areas, etc before even thinking about putting money down on it. And last but not least, remember that you can haggle(bargain/talk down the price) in any shop.

10. go with a huge ass bong for money under $500 or equivalent in Europe would be in your budget... get the biggest one and the one that appeals to you the most. trust me, its like you just bought yourself an expensive car. i smoke out of my bong and cherish every rip every time. its beautiful. everyone i know wants it and wants to smoke out of it, and knows it by name haha. "ohh shit, Black Stallion" lol they know theyre about to get fucked up. good luck on your purchase.

11. Buy a nice glass pipe. you get the true 100% taste of the ganja and it's easily concealed

12. Buy a 30 rack of beers and smoke out of nothing but the cans.

13. Def go for stone there durable,stay cooler than glass and are just unique to bring towards a smoking circle

14. BOngs get you higher then pipes with less weed and less throat burning, especially good ones. Get that if you dont mind spending a little more money and are ok with not being able to put it in your pocket. But buy something quality (aka slightly more expensive) whatever you decide on.

15. Get a nice glass on glass bong, (F*** china glass)
    maybe a.. roor?

16. Roor glass is not a god or higher power, stop thinking it's better then everything else!!

And for your first piece, get a pipe, not a bong. TRUST ME OP, start off small(glass pipe) then move onto a bong.

17. thanks for all the help guys, i'd plus rep but my rep is useless so i'll just say thanks here.

NYC man, these places in camden aren't proper headshops though, there might be one or two, but most of them are tourist attractions, with the acception of the ones run by the hardcore goths or whatever. any way i can tell the difference between coloured glass and painted glass?

18. painted is usually on the outside layer of glass...colored is usually different color glass/or paint under a final clear glass layer (aka colors under a "clear coat") because they put another layer of clear glass over the painted. understand me?

19. yeah man, so if i just feel it it'll feel different? like, i'd be able to tell the difference by touch, right?

20. Look for brush strokes. It's lots of tiny grooves, like on a record. You should be able to feel them with your hand/nail. Also, painted will probably be a lot cheaper than tinted glass. Expect to spend like 20-30 USD$ on a small glass pipe.

Side note though, you can have a painted piece, so long as it's not in the mouthpiece or bowl area. My friend painted the neck of his bong and it looks pretty cool, Starts 1" below the mouthpiece and goes down to the egg.