Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking of bringing Volcano into dorm, would it work?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by T Swank88, Aug 11, 2013.

1. I'm thinking about bring my Apex (knockoff of volcano) into my dorm this year. I don't if it would work or not, I don't think it would leave any smell and i could just store it in the closet. my roommate is cool so i don't have to worry about that but do RAs actually come in and search your room and stuff? are there any other problems I could face too that i'm unaware of?

2. You should be fine if you towel, fan, air spray, etc. But in the event the smell escapes, do not open the door. I've had police/RA's at my door several times and all I did was out wait them. But it may be different circumstances at your school.

3. imma be doing the same. gonna take extra precautions though of course, but i think it's safe as long you aren't careless.

4. The thing you will have to worry about most is your bud. I never lived in the dorms but I treated my apartment as such.

Basic tips
    -Buy Ozium for when the smell is really stankin
    -Towel rolled up and stuffed next to crack between door and floor
    -Place dryer sheets randomly around your smoking room and it will go a long way

And the king of all tips
    -Buy a window fan and slam that bitch in the window and set it to exhaust mode. This will clear up a lot of stank issues.

Smoking in dorms is a thin line, a lot more people dont like it than you'd expect, unless you get lucky with your neighbors.

No RA's will not search your room unless they have a reason to, and at that point it may be the police instead of RA's

thanks man, i also heard that on breaks people come into your room and clean it? Is this every single break or just long ones like xmas and spring break?

Like I said, i never actually lived in the dorms, I skipped out on the option and just got an apartment with an ex-friend.  But tbh i've never heard of that, it may occur at the Uni you are looking at, but afaik you are responsible for your own rooms cleanliness after you move out at the end of the year.  Unless the Uni you are looking at has some baller maid service (which I wouldnt like in the first place) then I doubt it, but I would check with whatever Uni you are looking @ and ask them yourself.

7. If you must, buy an air purifier for your room. sometimes they can run you 50-250$. Also buy a smoke buddy which is about 15$. As long as you minimize the handling of the weed itself you should be fine. Just blow your vapor into the smoke buddy, maybe even buy unscented air freshener. edit: PUT FAN IN WINDOW IF ALL POSSIBLE

8. I had a MFLB in my dorms and used it daily every night from early nights (9/10PM) to late nights/morning (2AM/later) and never got caught. I realize it's on a different caliber but same basics. The vaped weed shouldn't smell too bad, it should smell different from regular burnt weed. I would still go with the towel under the door for extra precaution. Have a can of air neutralizer nearby just in case.

The RAs will have the ability to do a room inspection. Their powers are limited to what is only visible in plain sight, so they cannot search your drawers or open anything, etc. The only issue is if they smell weed, which in this case they will contact public safety, who will they contact the cops (most public safety and police co-exist on some campus, but my campus just has policemen as their public safety).

As a fyi, read the fine print, to see what your rights are and aren't.

You'll pick up some methods the longer you stay at school and the more friends you friend with. You'll know what routes are dangerous, how the cops are, where you can smoke, etc.

9. #9 CrispyBacon, Aug 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2013
  10. Depends on your RA. I would test the waters before I lug a volcano into the dorm room. When I was living on campus, people were always in and out of my dorm. I personally wouldn't because you never know, it takes just one guy or passing RA to rat you out and get you kicked out of the dorms and expelled from school.

11. The vaped weed shouldn't smell too bad, it should smell different from regular burnt weed.[​IMG]

Doubt they'd be flat out kicked out of school.

Had a buddy who got caught, by the police, with weed hidden in a cereal box in his dorm room. 

Worst that would most likely happen is you lose financial aid. Which is as good as getting kicked out of school for most people.

13. At my uni its pretty intolerant, you lose your money that you paid for your dorm, lose all aid, and your in the system as a druser and possible expulsion based on past infractions. so yeah not flat out kicked but close to it.