Thinking of becoming an ESL teacher. (and kinda rant-ish...)

Discussion in 'General' started by Heinous Anus, Mar 19, 2007.

1. English as a Second Language. My girl friend's mom is one, so I know I can get all the info from her. I love talking with people, and I help them as much as I can. But, also this is great for traveling. I've already been training as a chef, so I can always have a job where I go, but I can also get better deals being an ESL teacher. Along with tentative residency in some countries. I'm applying to Costa Rica and looking at first courses and such. Should be really fun. I'll most likely being staying in hostels, but I've done it before and its a damn blast. :D

I just don't feel that I connect too much anymore with American Culture. Its like living in one, massive commercial, where I'm visually and sub-consciously raped by ads to by shit we don't need. Contests on who can sing the best? "Oh shit! This bitch won a contest! I'm gonna drop $20 to hear some scripted lyrics she bellowed out" I just have deeper thoughts than what most of this culture can captivate me with.

It literally makes me sick to my stomach every time I picture the way American life is supposed to be for me. I can't die 70 years from now knowing that all I did was work and live in the same damn town and job, doing the same thing day in, day out. No, I refuse.

So, I've been preparing for about 2 years for this. I'm just about ready, maybe a few months more and things will be finalized. Its gonna be great. Life's just one big adventure.

Everyone's gonna die one day, at least when I get there I'll have more stories to tell. :smoking:

2. everytime i go to the grocery store, when i'm standing in line waiting to check out, all i see are magazines telling me who britney spears is dating next - it makes me question our society - but so do psychedelics

sounds like you've got a great life set for yourself - enjoy it fully everyday

lifes a bitch and then you die
    thats why we get high
    cause you never know when you're gonna go
    :smoking: