Thinking of adding a 90 Watt LED All RED G8 Flowering BOOST

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by McStrats, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Hi there!...just getting ready to do my third grow. It will be 3 plants in a 2.5 (deep) x 5 (wide) x 8 (tall) closet. I am using soil. The lighting is a pair of P300 LEDS. I also have very good air exchange/circulation. The P300 lights are great but I would like to augment them with something during flowering to boost the bud production and I have read very good things about the G8.

Is this a good option for what i am looking to do? or should I be looking at something else?

Thanks in advance..

2. You're definitely not going to hurt bud production by adding more light. Light is the KEY to growing nice plants and fat dense buds. The more and better light they flower under, the better the harvest in every way. So I'd say, if you can swing it, throw it in the mix. You're definitely not going to do any harm by having it in there. Just make sure each plant is getting as much light as possible and that it has adequate space to naturally spread and allow light below the canopy. When you put enough light in there, you'll have bottom buds that are just as nice as the top buds on the plant....this, of course, depending on the strain of MJ you're growing. We grow a sativa hybrid primarily, and I get big fat dense buds off the bottom of my plants just like I do the tops because we've got the light to make it happen. I'm sure you'll see improvement. TWW

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks! I am also wondering if I should have both veg and bloom switches on during bloom, or just bloom?