Thinking about vaping, question?

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by sweetpotaters, Feb 23, 2013.

1. I want to purchase a small handheld vape online. It has to be stealthy and somewhat concealable. Price like $250 max. Any suggestions?

Also, I apologize for what may seem like a stupid question, but do different vapes smell differently? Like do some smell more than others?

2. #2 lwien, Feb 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2013
    In March, DaVinci is going to be marketing a new vape called the Ascent. Check out the threads on it in this forum. Could very well be one of the best portables on the market. May be worth the wait.

However, if you don't want to wait, check out the Inhalator and the Pinnacle. All of these vapes work either on convection only or a hybrid of convection and conduction, and therefore, would smell a bit less than those that work on conduction only, however, some of these convection vapes can produce HUGE vapor clouds on demand, and if you do that, it will smell.

The Arizer Solo would also be a good option, but it's a bit big as compared to the others so it won't be quite as stealthy, but it's a great vape as well.

3. ^^^ Is there a website for the pinnacle? I searched it but didn't find it

4. It's so new it isn't out yet, you have to wait until March :wave:

5. How about the Pax. Either of you try that?

6. It's small enough to be really stealthy, but what I don't like about the Pax is that it is 100% conduction, which means that it's constantly cooking your herb even when you're not drawing on it, which increases wasted bud while increasing smell and the necessity to keep it clean for it to operate, ie, high maintenance as compared to other portables.

7. Never tried it, but my opinion stands with Iwien's. 100% conduction = more smell, less efficient. And the fact that you have to clean it a shit ton turns me off of it.

I'd take a look at the Inhalater or Solo. Mostly convection. :wave:

8. Thanks for explaining that to me. If you don't mind me asking, what's your opinion on the pinnacle compared to the new davinci (I know they haven't come out yet, but do you know if there's any major differences?)

9. #10 Yosh139, Feb 23, 2013
    One difference obviously is the shape and size of both. Both are convection, the Pinnacle claiming to be 100%. With the Ascent, it's legitimately built for both concentrates and herbs, and has a huge range at what temperature it can be put to, although the Da Vinci has been known to be as far as 10˚F off from the temperature on the display. The Pinnacle only has 2 heat settings, 355˚F and 380˚F, but it's much smaller. The Ascent has a 100% tasty glass on glass pathway, whereas Pinnacle has manufactured theirs to be precision built to not let off plastic tastes, and has a metal path (I think they actually said that was one of their main concerns was for a pathway that tastes like your herbs, not the vaporizer). If I were to pucker down and buy one, I would get the Ascent because of the glass pathway (easy to clean), the ability to do concentrates out of the box, and that it has a LOT more heat settings than the Pinnacle. The Pinnacle is nice because it is very small, but I think I can take that tad bit more size for more performance :D

10. you could always go with the classic mflb... i love mine

11. #12 Yosh139, Feb 23, 2013
    Conduction? Pssh, convection vapes give way better tasting and thicker vapor hands down :p

Edit: Not ripping on the MFLB or anything, I have one too. It does its job and it does it good, but if you want something that gives you huge rips you have to get a convection style vape. :wave:

12. So I would probably be better off waiting for either of the two convention ones. Is there a date announced for the davinci yet?

13. Not a specific date, although it should come out next month. :D

14. Sweet. Thanks for all the help!

15. I think you meant convection, eh?

16. [quote name='"Yosh139"']

Conduction? Pssh, convection vapes give way better tasting and thicker vapor hands down :p

Edit: Not ripping on the MFLB or anything, I have one too. It does its job and it does it good, but if you want something that gives you huge rips you have to get a convection style vape. :wave:[/quote]

I actually use my mflb while I'm at work and committing. While you can get a nice rip from the mflb, I'm sure other portable vapes yield thicker hits.

I find the mflb to be perfect for work because it lets me pace myself to get to exactly as high as I precisely want to be. Plus it's really small.

17. I did shit!!! :laughing:

18. I use my Da Buddha in my car and at school. Your move, Gino :p

Haha no hard feelings, again the MFLB does what it is designed to do well, but other vapes do give thicker hits. I'm waiting to see how the Pinnacle unfolds, it's about the size of a Pax and (supposedly) hits a lot harder. :D

19. [quote name='"Yosh139"']

I use my Da Buddha in my car and at school. Your move, Gino :p

Haha no hard feelings, again the MFLB does what it is designed to do well, but other vapes do give thicker hits. I'm waiting to see how the Pinnacle unfolds, it's about the size of a Pax and (supposedly) hits a lot harder. :D[/quote]

I was talking about portable vapes though. Never tried a buddha... My desktop vape is the EQ at the moment.

How are you using da buddha at school?