Thinking about moving

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by BGreen420, Oct 1, 2012.

1. Im getting tired of where i live, doing the same shit, different day, not to mention the fact it just doesnt have a "home feel" if that makes sense. I guess i just want a change in scenery and people. I really want to move to Colorado, or up North somewhere in california.

The only thing holding me back is that i would be leaving my friends and family, and the fact ill be somewhere completely different, but then again thats kind of the point. I feel like moving would reset my life in a way.

Have any of you moved somewhere completely new and all alone, with little to no family and friends and how did you adapt?

2. I legitimately think and plan about this on a daily basis. Pack my things, quit my job, cash out my $6k in savings, and leave this place behind. I feel like I'm living on auto pilot, just going through the motions and not enjoying life. If that makes any sense.

3. I don't know if you're like me but I'd say wait a bit. I was in the same exact situation before with the same mindset and I'm glad I waited because things started to get better. I took a mini vacation up to Seattle to stay with a friend and I realized how much I love where I live and how it really is home to me.

I'm just saying don't jump on this too quick you might regret it.

4. Man, you will find a lot of things when you move. I just moved to Colorado about a year ago from basically the same situation that you were in. I made some really good friends and figured out alot about myself and my "friends" too. I only still talk to maybe 5-6 people i used to hang out with. The rest of them don't bother to hit me up ever. I love it out here and i love the progress i have made. If you can manage it don't be afraid. It's not like you can never go back!

5. I know how you feel OP. So I joined the Military to get away.

Now I just wanna go home

6. ^^ yeah I'd like to add that at one point I was completely set on joining the military just so I could get away. I didn't do that and I'm so glad I didn't.