Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking about moving to Texas.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by LovingTree, Feb 23, 2012.

1. The rent, taxes, and cost of living are very cheap in Texas compared to many other states. My only concern about Texas is, how is it regarding marijuana law? Are cops strict down there...? Thanks

2. Don't, I live in Houston and it sucks here.

3. texas is strict when it comes to any controlled substance. alot of cartel weed around there too. its not a medical state so expect higher prices.

this is speaking from hear say, ive never set foot in tejas

4. I lived in northside houston for 15 years weed is available and good.. You may have to pay a little higher than most but thats bc you dont know anyone and they will be a little hesitant to throw you deals at first until they know you...

I never ran into the law down there with mary but im pretty sure they are strict about it.

Regardless Texas is a nice place to live, many places to eat, chill, and spend time. Texas has it all, from water parks to amusement parks to camping and hunting. It's for everyone. Just dont move to dallas...

hope this helps man good luck :smoke:

5. One other state I have considered was Las Vegas, NV

6. Well, it's cheap to live because the jobs aren't paying very high. Take an economics class. You will be the same off as where ever you are leaving from.

7. You're right, taxes and house prices are very cheap here.
    If you're wondering about the cops here, its bad.
    A lot of drug trafficking in texas, especially closer to the border. I live in Houston so cops are constantly looking for drugs.
    Some cops are chill but most will never let you get away...
    Just be careful, don't break any laws while driving, and don't let your guard down

8. I lived in Houston until college, and I can at least say that the weed in Houston blows any other southern states weed outa the water... from my experience.

9. San Antonio is a great city. Cops are assholes here but they roll more on the gangbanging types. (hah i would know ;) but the weed laws aren't bad. My brother got aresteaed with a qp and was out in 36 hours. And weed is cheap if you know the right people. 280 oz for chronic. And what most people call "mids" is what we texans call shwag. That is 45 a oz 400 a pound. So you can smoke mad blunts are make hash or some shit. So if you can deal with the heat and a lot of Mexicans you will be a ok in good ol tejas.

10. [quote name='"Pass the dr0"']Don't, I live in Houston and it sucks here.[/quote]

Dude you think Houston sucks just wait till you get the west vagina

11. yeah the laws in texas are stupidly strict, but austin is noticeably awesome. if you are going to move to texas, move to austin and ONLY to austin.

12. yeah, I live in Texas and it sucks dick. I'm moving to California as soon as summer hits.

13. Almost everyone I know in Texas will agree that Austin has poorer quality weed than the larger cities...

14. I live on the outskirts of Houston, and I can't lie. I love my state. Seriously, I get some of the best bud I know of. Really great stuff. We have tons of job opportunity down here too. People hold doors open for you, and say thank you. I love Houston. It's a nice city to live in. Dallas on the other hand...not a fan.

Plus, it's Houston live stock show and rodeo time!! Country music, carnival rides, and just good fun. Houston tradition :) This is just about the only time we fit the cowboy stereotype that everyone thinks of lol.

15. tolerance of weed in austin is better is what I was getting at

16. NorthH hit me up anyone

17. #17 Silemanx, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
    You should move to Texas! It's great! I live by the coast, it's very chill here. I suggest a coastal town if you move to Texas. The weather is humid though, it makes things feel unbearably hot sometimes.

Cops are getting more lenient in my city of Corpus Christi. I've heard stories of how they'll stop people and just have them throw their stuff away and send them on their way. I've never been stopped by a cop for no reason, except when I used to own a Cadillac and I'd drive through the ghetto.

I don't know how lenient other states are, but if you smoke in a safe place you should be fine. No one is going to go out of their way to pin you.

But yeah, coastal towns, do it. Oh and people might be dumb here, but you learn to love them. :)
    Oh yeah, also, if you're lucky, you can find a 2 bedroom apartment in my city for only 500 dollars. :D

18. #18 Clstcnnbscltvtr, Apr 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2012
    I won't even bother reading through this thread.

I simply came here to ask ... Have you never watched Cops?

You can ALWAYS tell when they're in Texas because it will be the episode where the dozen cars swarming after the guy who stole a sandwich from the 7/11. They're like a plague.

Also my ex moved back home there. So .. Yea, I wouldn't move to Texas if I had another choice.

edit: posted and read the guy above me. he loves it in TX so I felt guilty. decided to substantiate my claims for not living there. Found out their possession laws are far more lenient than my state's .. x.O

http://norml.org/laws/item/texas-penalties-2?category_id=888

19. But the people on cops are crazy. I've never seen one person who looked like a decent human being on cops. So if you're a decent human, you'll do fine in Texas. I know, because I live here, and all my friends who get in trouble with the police, could have prevented it if they simply were acting like a normal person.

20. Wanna know why you never see any normal looking people on cops? Because the show edits it that way to portray everyone who gets in trouble as trashy pieces of shit.

Kinda like how they never show anyone get away, even though it obviously happens.

I love cops though.