thinking about moving to Colorado

Discussion in 'General' started by misterchevy94, Oct 27, 2013.

1. im currently living in NW Indiana and my parents and i are looking for a new place to live (anyone from northwest indiana knows it sucks out here) were currently paying 700 a month for a crappy apartment and both myself and my parents want to move to a state that allows cannabis use. 

a few questions about colorados laws on that,
    do you need a card like in most states or is it like alcohol that as long as your 21 you can use it?

and are there more marijuana friendly areas of the state to look for or are they pretty open with it all around?

and would i be able to find a apartment out there for either the same im paying here or maybe slightly more

2. If you're 21 you're all set. Can't buy from dispensaries but you are legally allowed to consume. As for apartments I'm on the western slope so if you're looking east slope/ summit cities I can't help you. But there are quite a few nice places in my area that are lower than that cost of living.

Toke On!

3. were all over 21 so were set there lol,were  pretty much open to any areas out there you said you were in the western area what are some of the towns out there and what would be a good area to look and how do you go about buying from dispensaries? do you have to get a medical recomendation like other states or how does that work? were all really eager to get out of this state and im really leaning to colorado 

4. Denver all around is pretty weed friendly obviously.  Boulder they puff pretty tough, but it is also a college town so that is pretty typical.  In my opinion stay away from Colorado Springs.  Beautiful, but I just never felt the vibe there.  Head up the hills, and just about everyone smokes.  Anywhere in Summit County is great, but starts to get pricey due to all the tourists.  Denver area you can def find $700 apartments.  Boulder also has a fare share of rentals decently priced because of the college. 

5. awesome, ill check denver first and see what i can find im hoping to be out there by the first of the year, i cant wait to get out of indiana

6. Grand junction is the big town on the other side. You get a card via a health care provider or you can grow your own or meet some kind souls on location. If you're outdoorsy I would recommend this area. But if you're looking for the biggest blade community Denver area is your best bet

Toke On!

7. i have been looking into apartments in denver i think that would be the best bet for us, how is the city crime rate? i have a 4 year old sister too so i wanna make sure its a decently safe neborhood right now i live next to gary indiana and its pretty crazy out there lol

8. All about which suburb you pick man.

Toke On!

9. i started looking into the grand junction area, im thinking that might be our best bet as far as rentals so far and it looks like a decent area 

10. Boulder is real nice I just moved here from Texas. It's about 100 tops to get a card if your not 21. The full legalization won't be put into action until 2014 I think it's February.
    But as a town boulder is awesome everything is in walking/biking/skating distance and there's lots of neat pathways not to mention the awesome amazing view of the mountains. But it is a college town so you may get what you expect from one f those lol
    I pay 875 for rent and that's about the cheapest you may find. Hats off to you if you find a sweeter deal.
    Good luck to you and your family man

11. we might be able to do 875, what does the employment situation look like out there?

12. That would be Amazing moving to Colorado! Good luck man, hope you do it!

13. Honestly it's been two weeks of me job hunting and It's been hard. Maybe it's me though ? Holiday season is coming up so lots of places are hiring. My place is a studio apartment. Idk how many rooms you want just look online and make calls. I think thunderbird apts may have openings. Lots of places are recovering from the recent flooding a while back.