Thinking about moving out

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by LoueyGG, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Living at home with my parents is a fucking hell. I share the room with 2 of my brothers both younger than 13  i never had my own room in my whole life. I never had the kind of parents to ever pay my phone bills . I was 12 years when i remember i got my first flip phone. I was so happy because thats the first phone i ever had. But they cut it off the month after because they believed I didn't need it at a young age.
    You know, I only had a few friends and without a phone i couldn't really do shit.  Think about it, being phoneless in todays society is almost unthinkable. I never really had the nice clothes other kids had, I always had to steal to get what i wanted. And as i grew I realized I Didn't need these petty material things to be happy. 

I didn't have much friends either, I only had 1 real friend because we both come from the same struggle. overcontrolling fathers and being broke all the time. This guy was my main man, He gave me a place to sleep when i would get kicked out of the house. And I forever appreciate the things he's done for me.

I love my parents, especially my mother. But my father and I don't really get along. He's this cheapstake who would put money above his own children's happiness. He has more than enough money to provide in his bank account and he owns 3 homes which he all rebuilt  but he wont do shit for his own kids including me. i really feel for my siblings because they shouldn't be going thru this.  I would get yelled at and beat up sometimes when i was younger when i spoke up. Than he ignored me in my adolescence , he wouldn't say shit to me. and that really hurt my feelings because we used to be so close when i was like younger.  He used to try to hurt my mother and i would stand up for her. Like the shit was so deep, I would pray that when i get older i would never be that way. my father is a complete control freak/neat freak. He would literally fuck up my room and throw everything out if he doesn't see shit spotless. (thats why i hide my weed in my shoes)

Years go by and now he wants to play Mr. wannabeafather when he realizes that im 19 and im soon going to move out. He tries to talk to me and gives me money but the pain was to deep and I don't even want to speak to him. 

I've been thinking about trying to move out but i know financially that wouldn't be a smart decesion. Im currently in college fulltime and jobless but i just want to experience freedom and help my siblings if i can.

So what do you see i should do in this situation?

2. Honestly? Your living situation doesn't sound too bad at the moment. Sounds like you and your dad are getting along all right. You're not going to like this answer, but I think you should suck it up and tough it out until you finish college.

Here me out. You're a full time college student right? Well that means you have to dedicate a good portion of your day to classes and homework. You'd only be able to work part time. You don't currently have a job. You can't get an apartment without proof of employment. But even if you did, given your limited availability and general economic climate, you'd be working part time, more than likely for minimum wage. You aren't going to be able to afford the bare essentials on that kind of money, even if you get the cheapest place you can find, and a roommate. You wouldn't be able to even support yourself, let alone your brothers.

Best case scenario? You make yourself sick overworking your body and mind, and still barely scrape by. Most likely scenario? College drop out, working at McDonalds for the next 10 years. You're right. Moving out is NOT a good financial decision. Now if you have another family member you can live with until you graduate, that may be an option to look into. But moving out on your own is not. Suck it up and stay put dude. At least you're getting a chance. There are those who find themselves out on their ass at 18, or even sooner.