thinking about moving from soil to dwc

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by johnjohn, Aug 9, 2010.

1. I mainly want to switch to dwc because I hate watering plants every 3 days in soil grows... would that be a good reason to switch?

I also hear dwc will give me a bigger yield faster...

Finally, I seen some non-dwc hydro systems out there where the pots are much smaller than a 5 gallon dwc bucket and I wonder if in hydro the same concept applies: bigger the bucket/pot the bigger the plant/yield?

2. DWC / Bubble Bucket goes faster for sure.
    But if you dont like watering every three days I dont know how much your gonna like checking solution pH daily, mixing and adding makeup water, etc.

3. Yeah I agree dwc is a lot more work but if done right the pay off is worth it...

4. Its more work like everyone else has said and you need to change the resivoir weekly, you might not like it one it starts haaha :p do some research bro and make sure you wont be too lazy :p Gl man! :smoke:

5. So if it is more work maybe I will set up some automatic watering machine for my soil grow...

Is faster and bigger yield the only reason people do hydro instead of soil?

6. yup - otherwise it's crap

7. Not true at all....i like hydro bc deficiencies show and can be corrected quicker and easier...you have complete control over the medium...you can even get more potent plants from it by producing an even better environment...not as messy as soil...maintenance is the same once dialed in...ohhh and its cool bc you get to see the roots XD ...plus the roots have more room to grow and can actually take over a 5 gallon bucket (which would have about 1/3 less if there was soil in there)

Hydro is harder at first but after about 4 waterings its easy...you get the process down and if you have good nutes theyre already ph balanced for you so all you have to do is figure out how many ppms your ladies want and your set :)