Thinking about joining the reserves

Discussion in 'General' started by austinwhat, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Anyone know the pro's and con's of this shit? I just lost my car, job and girlfriend and at this point I'm like why the fuck not?

2. Just join the army for 4 years.

3. Reserves is alright my dad has been in it(Navy reserves) for almost 20 years.

4. So he pretty much gets paid to do nothing since he finished his drills right?

5. [quote name='"austinwhat"']

So he pretty much gets paid to do nothing since he finished his drills right?[/quote]

Don't join if your looking to do nothing. Reserve units often get activated and deployed.

6. Sorry to hear that man but don't join the reserves just cause shit hit the fan. The military is mostly full of people who are uneducated, are overly agressive/high testosterone, and are poor. Not a group you ideallly want to belong to, not even to mention the pointless wars we're in. Just keep yourself occupied during these tough times. Get out of your house as much as you possibly can, get involved in stuff/activities, hang out with friends, etc. That's how you recover and get your mojo back.

7. My dad joined the army right out of high school and was in the army for 2 years on active duty, then he went to the reserves for 20 years got his masters and went into intelligence an now is a lawyer. I Say do it because you can get a degree.

8. Feeling the same thing right now. We have almost the exact same situation. Except it was my fiance.