thinking about joining the airforce

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by gr33nleaf, Sep 12, 2012.

1. Ive recently got an obstruction charge and my only way out if it is to join the airforce for 4-8 years. This will mean not smoking for a WHILEEE. And i love weed, so this will be a huge commitment. im 19 now so i wouldnt be able to smoke until im either 23 or 27. Is this something i should go for? Ill have a good amount of money when i get out and ill be able to move to cali or something and get a decent job, and maybe try and open a head shop and get a medical card once im out of the reserves. Would it be worth it?

2. Dude don't lose out on a great career because you rather do a drug :\
    You could be a pilot for christ sake!

3. Yeah man, do what you want to do. If you want to join the air force go for it. Just think about it.

4. yea i would have to get a bachelors degree to start the process. but in the mean time i could get a job on base. And basic training wont be tooo tough for me, im in pretty good fit. I do have anxiety and relationship issues sometimes which im not too proud of. Just not in touch with my heart as i should be. But i do think it could be a good thing for me if i can keep my head screwed on

5. Im active Army right now, and you need to hurry up and push your paperwork through. The wait to ship for IET is most likely a year or more.

6. i got some legal shit i gotta take care of first, then im gonna get on top of it

7. [quote name='"gr33nleaf"']i got some legal shit i gotta take care of first, then im gonna get on top of it[/quote]

Good luck to you bro.

8. Never let such a thing stop you from making something of yourself! Mary Jane will always been her when you come back, she ain't leavin any time soon.

9. Do you live in MD?
    I only ask because i know/knew someone in a similar situation (loves weed, wants air force, anxiety...)

10. nope i live in new jersey :(

11. im late but i think you could have made this decision while you were typing this... yes, do it.

12. cool im in the process on joining the army waiting a paper work transfer and to MEPS i go im also 36 days clean now of everything including alcahol

wish you the best of vibes blade

13. [quote name='"Slilent"']cool im in the process on joining the army waiting a paper work transfer and to MEPS i go im also 36 days clean now of everything including alcahol

wish you the best of vibes blade[/quote]

That paper works a bitch lol. My friend waited 16 months on his med docs to get back before he could go to boot camp. All because he was allergic to bee stings

14. Mines just MEPS station paper work transfering from one office to the next cause i no longer live close to the last recruiter station i was using

i pray to god it wont take me 16 months:eek:

15. yea dude you cant put shit on that form. Once you say you have any kind of medical history, even if you say you got like 3 stitches or something, they hold off and look up all ur medical history. thats why you just say youve had nothing, never been to a hospital ever.

16. [quote name='"gr33nleaf"']yea dude you cant put shit on that form. Once you say you have any kind of medical history, even if you say you got like 3 stitches or something, they hold off and look up all ur medical history. thats why you just say youve had nothing, never been to a hospital ever.[/quote]

Then they do a complete background check at MEPS and find out you lied, and get charged under Article 92 of the UCMJ..

It's best to be 100% honest with your recruiter, except on drug use..they have no way of knowing what you've done unless it's currently in your system

17. i was 100% honest, and i have no conditions or no extreme medical history. My recruiter just told me to fill out no for everything, and ill just go under the radar.

18. I was dqd in meps for having gerd. I have to get a surgery wait a year then reapply.

19. well how did they find out, were you diagnosed and given medicine? ive had no diagnosed health problems

20. I was thinking about the joining the air force as well and I'm about to turn 23. My roommate joined the coastguard when he graduated high school at 18 and he's now 24. He made a decent salary when he was in, and now he is going to school and the school is paying him a lot of money. Give some thought to it.