Thinking about growing, but would appreciate advice

Discussion in 'Security' started by Jzero, May 20, 2011.

1. #1 Jzero, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    So, fellow blades, here's how it is.

I want to start growing: I began renting a room from a good friend a few months ago. I don't want anything super ornate, just a CFL Micro-Grow in soil, 3 plants maximum. The dimensions of the box would be 3' wide X 2' deep X 4' tall - just small enough to fit in my closet.

Now, I know I'd be running a risk by growing in a place that is not my own, but I do blaze up several times a day, sometimes when my roommates are home (they haven't noticed yet, I just keep my windows open almost all the time). But I am concerned about how much smell a small grow like this would produce.

So I ask you, gracious growers: would 2 carbon scrubbers be enough to kill the smell enough so that they literally would have no idea marijuana was being grown right under their noses?

2. Yes, that should cover it. Invest in an ONA bucket if possible or make one.

3. I'm reading the DIY Ona Odor Control Bucket thread right now actually. Seems like an additional precaution that is totally worth it. I'm really paranoid about this, but I'm trying to view that as a positive thing at this stage - my paranoia will ensure that I double-, triple-, and quadruple-check my set up for any dangers whatsoever. Too much wiring, heat, odor, etc.

Basically I want to be able to walk into my room after getting home from work and not be able to tell at all that something is being grown there.

4. I'm flowering 6 plants in my tent and I'm using one filter and it removes most of the smell. The only way to smell it is to put your face at the end of the ducting. So I'd say 2 filters for you should be crazy perfect. :)

5. 1 wold be enough in a space likeb that, combined with ona wll be just right!

6. Dude your doing this at a good friends house that was nice enough to rent a room to you? This has bad news written all over it.

7. Well... this is going to be interesting...

8. Yep, quite possibly. I'll admit, it's a very selfish thing to do.

I could go ahead and give you the slight sob story of how I owe the state government almost $4,000 and how as a college student I have very limited financial means and so therefore want to start growing my own small stash to save on the cash, but it's the internet - at some point, I gotta figure that people don't wanna hear that shit d-:

But I legitimately spend at least $500 a month on headies, if not more. I'm really fucking tired of spending so much money! Even if I spend that same amount setting up a grow room, if I do it right the first time and set it up really carefully...I think it could be worth the risk.

And if I do get caught, well, hopefully I'll have saved a little bit of money to pay court fees.

9. What are you thinking. You put probably years of time investing in this relationship. All for one short small grow. Especially if this is your first grow. Your delusional. He is going to find out.

10. Please talk with your friend first