Thinking about growing but near a school...

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by OC_HERBavor, Jan 28, 2009.

1. please help me out blades! im thinking about moving into a new house with some friends but its near a school. now im a prop 215 patient and i was just wondering if its illegal to grow within 1000 feet from a school because ive read that a delivery co op wont deliver if you live within 1000 feet of a school. please any input is really appreciated! thanks guys!!! btw i was going to grow outdoors in my backyard if this helps too. thanks again!

2. Except as authorized by law, every person 18 years of age or over who possesses not more than 28.5 grams of marijuana, other than concentrated cannabis, upon the grounds of, or within, any school providing instruction in kindergarten or any of grades 1 through 12 during hours the school is open for classes or school-related programs is guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine of not more than five hundred dollars ($500), or by imprisonment in the county jail for a period of not more than 10 days, or both.

SB420 disallows marijuana smoking in no smoking zones, within 1000 feet of a school or youth center except in private residences; on school buses, in a motor vehicle that is being operated, or while operating a boat. Patients are advised to be discreet or consume oral preparations in public. Some state colleges have refused to allow medical marijuana on campus, even in designated smoking areas; the legality of these bans is disputed.

HOPE THIS HELPS