Thinking about growing but have a few questions..

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by ChronicPlant, Mar 30, 2009.

1. How tall do they plants usually get?

Explain the whole flowering and such processes to me.

what is the overall best light for growing?

do the plants smell?

thanks.

2. If your growing indoor you control how big they get.

Flowering requires 12/12 lighting

For your first grow I would recommend cfl's.

I would also recommend that find out a lot of this your gotdam self in the posted stickies
    your gonna need to know a lot more than wat u think.

Do some research

3. Anywhere from 12" to 8'. It all depends on your growing style and the space/funds you have to setup with.

Read the stickies in this forum here.

A very hotly debated topic. Personally I'm a medical user growing in a micro environment. My 'best light' is a 55w PL-L lamp. I run 4 of them at once over a Scrog. Can't beat the medicinal content of the bud or the ability to cool them and keep them close to your plants.

Others have different opinions. HID lamps will give you the maximum bud for the electricity they use. They're also much more expensive to keep cool and quiet. (Not stealthy without a lot of work)
    If stealth isn't an issue with you, or you have a grand to play with, go with a 400w CMH for the best personal grow. More than plenty can be harvested from that to bury 2 people in more high-quality medical smoke than they can handle.

About 95% of them can rat you out from 3 houses away. Odor control and ventilation should be your primary concern. Security is first.

You're welcome, but yes, please read all the stickies in this forum, as well as any forum that is specific to the grow style you choose to use. There are some very beneficial links in my sig file for new growers. If you read all that, people won't jump all over you as much when you ask questions that have been answered thousands of times on here. :D