Thinking about getting a DWB.

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Kannabiz, Jan 14, 2011.

1. So I'm thinking about getting a DWB tube with either my taxes or for my b-day. I wanted to see what you all thought about the design and color scheme that I was thinking about going with.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Before I added the worked sections

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Looks sick...I would get the bottom of the beaker worked as well.

3. Wow thats really impressive. Good job on the modeling!! How much are you looking to spend though..that would set you back a good amount..

4. Thanks. The modeling only took me about a day to do, half a day for the color work and another day to do the renderings. I based it off of the pillar your getting twin, but I changed somethings to cut down on the amount of glass used. It stands at 16 inches tall and only has 8 pillars compared to your 12, I figure if I can't get a discount like you did I would need to cut down on the amount of glass to trim the price. Trust me I know the price is going to be up there, just gotta see what drew has to say.

5. Yeah...I got a discount because it was his first. Pillars start at 600 now; at least thats what Drew told me he was going to charge after realizing how much work goes into just one pillar tube. I don't know exact details...find out from darren on through DWB on etsy or email drew... Can't wait to see his next pillar!(which will actually be my A/C..:])

6. yea i cant wait to see the a/c. When you getting your stuff?

7. At this point I really don't know...He started and finished the color prep for my A/C but also has a severely infected toe which lead to basically his foot being completely swollen up. He spent an entire day/night at the hospital(Yesterday). Kinda hard to blow glass if you can't really stand up. Right now my Pillar tube and surprise A/C Bubbler are completed; they just need to be signed and dated and be sandblasted under the foot with a custom DWB reversal label..I might have to seriously consider getting the order split up so I can finally have something to smoke! Especially now since I don't know how long it's going to be until Drew's back in full force..

8. #8 Just619, Jan 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2011
    go with a 38mm mouth piece and that thing would be sick as hell. Don't have all the pillars worked tho, the reason pillars are cool is to watch the bubbles randomly dance up and down

9. I may have to grab a pillar ac if yours is dope

10. awesome dude you got the DWB tube and its working.

11. pretty nice modelling, Solidworks by any chance? and yea I agree with Just619 I like color just as much as then next guy but gotta be able to see the milk. If it was me I'd prolly get the showerhead worked and leave all the pillars completely clear, but thats just my opinion. I;d prolly also make the neck curve. To me if your gonna spend anywhere from 600-1000 then you gonna want this piece to be super comfortable to use and curved/bent necks are the most comfortable. But like I said these are just my opinions.

12. You're pretty talented!

If it were me, I'd go with clear pillars and worked bottom. Love it!

13. are there any pictures yet of the Pillar A/C?

Im having such a hard time imagining it in my head.

But I have to say, your design is great, and that will be one sick piece if you ever decide to get it made.

<---high as fuck at work.

14. I would think about getting a straight tube instead of the beaker.. That is a lot of volume to pull through the pillars when you are going to clear.. A straight tube or a straight tube with a small bubble around the bottom perc will give you equal diffusion but will greatly improve the efficiency when it comes to clearing. Nice color scheme and rendering tho..

15. Sick work on the rendering. I'm doing something similar for my dwb tube. PM sent.

16. that will be a sick tube. if its not over $1000 i will be shocked. i dont see how a pillar a/c will be necessary or practical. thats a lot more chug than you need and adding an a/c will just add to drag. unnecessary for a pillar. Just, do you agree?

17. Only half of the 8 pillars are worked in the rendering.

No I did it in Autocad, imported it into Inventor, so I could open it in 3dstudio to do the rendering. I just can't get the hang of Solidworks after using Autocad for the past 6 years. Only half the pillars are worked I justed couldn't figure out how to get the white to render clear. I shorted the tube to 16 inches down from the 18 drew made twin's which now makes it the same height as the Sheldon Black in my sig.

^

I like the beaker for stability. I thought about the volume but that is taken care of by the water level. As you can tell the beaker is tall but the showerhead is positioned high in the chamber, so the water level will be high in the beaker but not cover up too much of the showerhead so a high water level won't add drag.

18. The Pillar A/C isn't going to be that large and chances are I will use it a LOT more as a bubbler then actually on the tube.. :)

19. word...just pointing out the fact that you will probably end up makes the hit a lot more difficult to pull if you were to have double pillar chambers going. but i got you. enjoy

20. that is awesome!!!! I cant wait to see yours I like the colors