Thinking About Getting A Cat Or Dog. Cant Make Up My Mind.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Scars, Jun 17, 2014.

1. I only did it to set an example for my other dogs.

If you eat my food, I eat you.

2. Dog wins any day of the week. I got a shar pei puppy six months ago and he is my best little buddy. I take him every where and I get comments on him every day. The back seat in my Xterra stays laid down flat so he always had plenty of room.

That being said, if you question at all the amount of attention you can provide, get a cat. I take him to the dog park at least five times a week for a minimum of an hour each time. I could just never come to terms with having a litter box in my house.

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Here he is. His name is Bear.

Sent from my XT1030 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. dog. cats suck mad dong.

5. get both, then you won't regret not getting one

6. Either would be cool, animals are awesome.  I def prefer dogs tho, my dog is always down for anything, always happy, loyal as fuck.  Hard to beat unless you don't have the time.

7. Get a dog, cats are assholes who dont really care about you. And they tend to be moody as well.

8. I think I know a perfect solution to your dilemma. Get a catdog. One end is a cat. The other is a dog. Best of both worlds, man.

9. Get a dog man screw cats

10. Dog if you have the time to spend with it and take out side to play with.
    Cat if you just kinda want a chill animal to pet sometimes and lay in your lap now and again.

11. A lot of dog lovers here. Cool. I like Labs, Huskies, Collies, etc. I don't want a wimpy dog either. A mans dog. Like between 80-100 pounds full grown. But not horse either like those German Sheppard.

Got a question about cats though. I heard male cats are more challenging. They apparently pee on everything. Is that true? I got nice things at home that I do not want smelling like cat piss. Should I get a female cat instead. Do cats care if the owner is male/female? I'd prefer a tom cat.

Also, do you declaw indoor cats? I personally would never want to do that. I don't want my cat depressed or anything. But, I also don't want my leather couch or torn to shreds.

I got a lot to think about.

12. I have 3 cats (2 female and 1 male) and my boy cat is actually the most friendly of them all. They're all really sweet though. I've had multiple dogs and I really love them but they're a lot of work compared to a cat obviously. I personally think that in your situation a cat would be better (especially a younger one that you can bond with). I also take my one cat for walks on a harness and leash and she loves it lol. So there's no saying that they wouldn't enjoy a hike with you. Cats are very loving creatures but are independent enough that they aren't annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

13. Cat. Less maintenance

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

14. Did you wind up getting a pet? Or decide if you want a cat or dog?

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

15. Because you mentioned that you're very busy, I would suggest a cat. Especially if you're thinking of getting a puppy. They're a lot of work.

16. If you can make the time for it, a dog is the single best thing you can ever own and the best friend you'll ever have.

My dude's 9 and he's seen far, far crazier shit than most dogs ever will but he's been loyal, affectionate and is constantly looking to please 100% of the time. He knows when I'm sad or upset and honestly, there's been a few times where, if he hadn't been there, I honestly don't know what I would've done with myself.