Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Thinking about getting a bubbler...

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by sayanything10, Nov 17, 2009.

1. I've never been to a head shop before, so...

-How much should I expect to pay for a bubbler? and
    -Is there anything else I should pickup that would be useful?

All I know is that I want a sherlock because they're awesome :cool:

2. Hey man! I'm in the same boat as you, 19 and still needing to go to a head shop and pick up some glass. Bubblers amaze me, I can't wait to get a nice piece to smoke out of haha. From what I've seen the prices can range from 30 to 50 around my area and at a few online shops I've looked at, but the really nice ones I've seen can range in the 100's o_O

Good luck man!

3. idk where your from but in NY your gonna pay 40-70 id say. A grinder would be nice if u dont have one to pack a nice full bowl

4. i just picked a small glass one up locally for 20 bucks. but the bigger ones were anywhere from 30-60

5. how much do grinders run? and are they worth it? i usually just tear my bud by hand...

6. i used to too but i got a grinder and i like it better now. not necessary but it makes things easier. grinders run from 15-50 bucks, i'd say. never saw any for cheaper than 15 but there probably are. most are like 20.

7. you can find acrylic grinders for 10 bucks

8. Yeah i got one called "sharkTeeth" and it was cheap like 10 online..

9. i'll have to look into that...

10. I think prices vary depending on size and headshop. You could definitely get a good sized sherlock for 40-50. Grinders are worth it if thats what you prefer it but for reason I get pleasure out of breakinbg up my weed by hand. If you do get a grinder I'd say spend a little more and get one with a kief compartment though.

11. i have one i got from a music store around here. its lasted me over 2 years so far and collects kief really well. as far as a bubbler goes, i spent about 50 bucks on mine and that seems to be about normal price. just make sure you inspect it well before you buy it. make sure the construction looks decently strong.

12. you can also get cheap wooden ones for like 5 bucks with metal teeth but over time the teeth fall out and you'll end up rolling a joint with a metal piece in it lol

13. Grab a couple packs of BeeLine while you're there.

14. grinder are totally worth it...
    its nice when you have a bunch of ppl tokin' it up at the same time
    nd if every1 has bud just toss it all inna grinder nd pick it out as needed :smoking:

15. Wish i had pictures, i got a nice bubbler in florida for 60$

16. its a fun thing to have and the hits are nice and smooth :) I got mine for about $18 but most places will be about $20+ ask for a few pipe screens or maybe even some beeline while ur there they might toss it in.

17. screens would be nice. sucking down perfectly good weed just kills you doesn't it? haha

18. coffee grinder = better then hand grinder in some ways (bad thing sometimes is you can over grind and get a shit load of kief i hate that)
    hand grinder= grinds good but gets anoying when the resin makes your grinder sticky then you cant open your grinder then you do and sometimes your weed will just fly everywhere.
    metal grinders = good(more money/works the best)
    wood = shit(cheap and breaks)
    acrylic= studs break (that what i heard but works fairly decent)

bubblers run from 30-100 bucks where i live