thinking about cars after a toke

Discussion in 'General' started by Chillout, Dec 2, 2003.

1. Don't get me wrong, I like the rotarys but the EFI 5.0 motor is far superior then any N/A rotary. The fuel system is easily modded, and stock motors come with forged pistons, rated at 225hp from the factory. Thats not bad numbers for late 80's early 90's. Not to mention that a bone stock 5.0L coupe runs 14.0 flat at 96 mph is nothing to sneeze at.. With only 9.0 compression ratio cheap gas is not problem either. Some people might argue that well the rotary motor gets better gas mileage but that is quite untrue and they also put out alot of cov2 for only 1.3L. Rotary motors make good power for their size but are fairly unreliable and have almost NO low end tourqe. 5.0 is far superior in every way. Not to mention people practicly give away alot of the parts that are needed for the swap becasue they are such a common motor.

2. Gotta love that 4g63 engine. For those of you that don't know, the Lancer EVO has the same engine as the turbo eclipses (and lasers and talons) but it's rotated 180 degrees. You can get an AWD dsm (those 3 cars above) for about $2500, put $3000 into it, and be touching 12's in the 1/4. I wanted one of those for so long, but now I'm stuck with another car that I'm going to have to keep for a while. Then, I may try to find one of those EVOs cheap. I wish they had the EVO V over here. Those things look so much better than the VIII.

3. 4g63T owns
    the 1g dsms are amazing and very streetable becasue of the awd. I have read that the stock short block was good for over 400+ hp

As soon as I get rid of the GTI I will be looking for an AWD RS Laser. The plymouth laser is almost always cheaper then the mistu and eagle versions. Or maybe an late 80's turbo DODGE.

4. Yeah, I love 3-series BMW's. I have a stock '97 Civic right now...heh. I want to get a Chevy S-10 Xtreme Crew Cab, though.

5. <- - - - - in need of new car now after accident.....:(
    looking... haven't found anything nice yet thouhg....

6. I was looking for a 1g but couldn't find one in good condition and needed a car so I ended up with a civic. If you want a Laser, you're going to have to make some compromises. AWD was only available in 92-94 so if you want pop up lights, you're out of luck. I like them both and can't really decide which way I'd want the lights. Also, in early 92, they switched from the 6 bolt motor to the 7 bolt motor. The 7 bolt motor has smaller rods and won't hold quite as much power without changing internals. If you can find an early 92 AWD DSM, you'll have found the rarest dsm, an awd 6-bolt combo without pop up lights. I was trying to find a 1991 just about any dsm, b/c as far as I'm concerned, that has the best motor. If you ever want somewhere to talk about DSMs, www.dsmtuners.com used to be cool, but when I fell away from it, they were getting anal about a lot of things and the city had a better atmosphere.