Thinking about buying a PWC/Jet Ski

Discussion in 'The Great Outdoors' started by Gilman420, Jun 4, 2016.

1. I finally have extra money to play around with and have always dreamed of having a jet ski. I have found some online in my area for $800 with a trailer. They look good in the pictures. I know owning a boat isn't easy. Anybody ever owned a jet ski that could help me with the pros and cons of purchasing one? Are they expensive to fix? Thanks for any help in advance :)

2. Never owned one but damn are they a blast. I actually broke my back on a turbo charged ski once but that won't keep me off of them. I say do it man!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Just don't buy a 2 stroke, i highly recommend the yamaha fzr

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  4. I've owned a number of boats but no jet skis. I would only recommend you pay for a better model up front rather than one that's easier to afford now but then have costly repairs soon. You might even consider buying a nice one on monthly payments.

I'm a firm believer that cheap motor boats cost more than the ones that hurt to buy. You can spend the same to buy and fix a piece of shit as you would buying a nice one up front.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Totally agree with you they are expensive to fix I've owned a few I live on the gulf coast in fla play on the water all the time they say boat stands for break out another thousand a jet ski definitely ain't cheaper.. I'd go for something with a warranty for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum