thinking about buying a knife

Discussion in 'General' started by xLoneWolfx, Jan 3, 2013.

1. [quote name='"xLoneWolfx"']Bcuz personally if someone was fuckin me up for no good reason, if it wasn't for the risk of going to jail, I'd stab the fuck out of them without hesitation.[/quote]

I actually would still have a great deal if remorse after even if I knew there would be no legal repercussions .... I think I'm gonna start carrying a night stick if I can get one instead if my knife

2. Yeah so would I but I will protect myself at all costs. I used to want a collapsible Baton. Those things fucking own. The problem is cops can bust you for them. If you just have a pocket Knife you can say it's for camping or work purposes. Batons are pretty much purely for self defense. In California I got pulled over for a dui and I had a base ball bat in my backseat and they asked me why I had it and I said self defense and they charged me with a felony but my lawyer eventually got it dropped. Fucking pigs. I tell them the truth and they use it against me.

3. My .45 is always on my hip in plain sight, well, sometimes in plain sight. I will pull it if my property, family or person is ever in danger of theft or harm. THAT is YOUR right as a law abiding American citizen.

4. and there are no laws saying that you cannot defend yourself should the need arise.

5. Cause America is the only place in the world that allows its citizens to own firearms...

Using a knife to defend yourself is a quick way to escalate a simple ass kicking into you getting your organs spilled out into the street.

If your dead set on being Steven Segal then take some fucking training classes so you dont just get flat out murdered the second you pull out this sword of destiny.

6. I carry a benchmade and a cheap little 5.11 2in blade for random shit.

7. #67 SkunkWoodz, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    Yeah man.

Remeber the 9/11 hi jackers supposedly only had box cutters.
    edit- my stoner ass missed the sarcasm. Leaving all this v ^ though
    Just dont bring a knife to a gunfight ;)

Being a non violent (partialy buddhist) knife maker myself its hard to get over the fact that some blades are used as weapons.. However, self defense is above non violence and a knife can be used as intimidation or a lethal force.

All my knives have been tools so far and hopefully stay that way (opposed to weapons) in the future as well.

8. #68 dudeindistress3, Jan 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 4, 2013
    I have a spring assisted kershaw and it's a great blade. Nice and sturdy, opens quick, and it was like $45.

Attached Files:

9. I dont know about brand names but i would get a spring assisted knife they got em at Lowes 50 for a 6 inch blade and 30 for a 3 inch blade. You can use it at work and if some big dude stops you in an alley with one quick flick of a switch you got your weapon ready to go.

10. If your looking for a non lethal approach get a tazer or mace.

Home made mace- 3 parts rubbing alchohal 1 part salt in a windex bottle. It burns like hell.

11. I just got my new everyday carry in, that I ordered last week. The Kershaw Scallion will be replacing my faithful Gerber. Such a good looking knife too.

12. My little brother collects Knives and weapons..

He mainly collects SOG knives..

His most razy one right now is the SOG Jungle Primitive which i could probably gut a fucking elephant with lol

and he got an AR-15 for Christmas O.O

13. Knives are okay for self defense if you can't or don't want to get a gun, but don't underestimate what they can do. Knives can produce nasty wounds really quickly, and if you're not pussy footing around, more than 2 good slashes or stabs and it's probably curtains for the recipient.

They are weapons, just as dangerous as a firearm, and you should treat them as such.

14. Yeah very true. I already feel much more secure with my new knife. I used to always worry about getting attacked by a stray pittbull or something but now not at all. I'd make quick work of any dog attacking me

15. Old guy in my neighborhood walks with a walking stick/Club "Just Incase"

Probably better than stabbing a dog that runs at you to find out he was a friendly house pet :confused:

16. Lol. I'd wait until the dog bit or I knew it was about to bite me and stab it right in the throat

17. I really want to find something to practice on that would simulate human flesh or an animal. I just want to know how much force is needed when you stab for it to completely penetrate. I'm sure not nearly as much as a punch?

18. Yo bro these aint things you should need to practice as a civilian..

just fucking know that you have a weapon sitting in your pocket and if you have to use it youll know how as long as you know how to bring out the blade

19. Well I don't think there is anything wrong with training myself how to use it properly so some idiot can easily disarm me.

20. Sorry, I wasn't under the impression there were many countries in the world where you could carry a handgun for self-defense legally on your person and not get completely fucked over by the law. Even in regards to self-defense at home.

Yes, as everyone out on the street is trying to kill you. IF they would take that knife of you and use it on, chances are they were going to try something pretty bad anyway.

Laws are very different in regards to self-defense and carrying firearms on you in the rest of the world.

I do agree that everyone should take some training classes.