Thinking about becoming a botany major (College)

Discussion in 'General' started by KannaMan, Oct 31, 2009.

1. #1 KannaMan, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
    Hola Blades. (Question at the bottom if you don't want to hear the backing :p)

I'm a Sophmore in college and my major is business. I plan on going into Law, but that's not set in stone yet. I feel a lot of pressure from my family about what I should do with my life, and I've come to reject nearly all of it. It's more like a cinder block on my shoulders than a push forward. That being said, I've really been rethinking my education and what I want to do with it.

Since I started my first grow, I've become really fascinated by plants again. My dad had a very green thumb and grew a lot of things, from corn to a pine tree to lilys in his Tucson, AZ backyard. As a young kid I'd spent hours every day walking and playing on the long, twisting roads he made for his Eden, butterflies casually drifting around me because of all the flowers. Because of this, I always had a great interest in the natural world and came to learn a lot about life from that simple 1/4 acre.

To surmise, I've been thinking about changing my major to a scientific botany, whether it be something working with plants themselves chemically or maybe doing some more organic research. I'm not even just referring to my interest in cannabis, I really do love all life and would love to see some breakthroughs with plant a farm sciences maybe. Some marijuana studies will of course be in order, legal or not. :)

Sorry for this being so long, ahem. Are there any blades out there with botany education? Maybe some organic chemistry? What do ya'll think about the education lane you traveled down?

2. #2 Wet Horse Lips, Oct 31, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2009
    Hmm... who is it on here that's taking Botany?

UHMMMM...

Crap, I know this... one sec.

EDIT: I believe it's XTC, but, he appears to be banned. I would send him a PM if possible. I do not know when his banning is up...

Sorry I couldn't help more, but... do what you love. If you love plants, and growing plants and all that... then maybe Botany is for you?

3. Just double major. Keep the business major (it's easy to get anyways), and add a botany/plant biology/whatever major.

Pre-law isn't a major as it is just a group of classes that might help you prepare for law school.

4. Thanks Elliott. Actually, I didn't mean pre-Law that's a type. Just Law.

And thank you, WHL. I definitely want to do what I love, I just want to have an idea what's on the road ahead. :D

5. i was intrested in botany also.
    until i found out that there arent that many job oppertunitys

but hey if you like what you do, money shouldnt be a big deal.

6. That's why I want to take a scientific aspect to it. Maybe some sort of organic research.