Thinking about a roor

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by Phisherman, Oct 24, 2011.

1. So i was looking around online and i noticed the Roor Rasta Series 100 or something like that has only 2mm glass. Now i know its roor but still 2? Thats thin as hell. And for those wondering why i don't buy one at a LHS, there all obvious fakes. So would a 2mm roor be a good or risky buy

2. No. Just dont get it simply because its a roor and there is far better glass out there for the same price.

3. yeah, the whole roor thing kinda died once everyone realized the were pay too much for simple glass, i mean a large number of their bongs were 400+ dollars and didn't even have a second form of diffusion or filtration

4. Dude go for a SYN, HVY, or GC's Bubblicious Bong.

Look around, RooR sucks donkey balls. :p

5. Sheldon black man

6. Go to a Headshop and get a unique piece of glass. Just as good. No one has the same thing.

7. Get a Sheldon Black. He pretty much progressed RooR to the quality company it is today & they told him to go fuck himself...

So buy an SB, it's the same, only wayyyyy better...

And they got the dope frosted logo's you'd normally pay more for.

8. LOL you're joking right?

Sheldon Black had nothing to do with the progression of legit RooRs. Sheldon used to manufacture the US line of RooRs and once Martin Birzle (CEO of RooR.de) realized he wasn't producing up to quality standards, RooR terminated all of it's US contracts.

9. unless you can get your hands on a german roor or an onlder us roor then dont do it.

10. 2mm for ROOR is most likely stronger than the janky brands' 5mm pieces. that being said, stay away from ROOR. sheldon black is a great roor-quality brand that makes very functional glass for a good price.

11. mgw, hvy, sheldon black, us tubes /thread

Last resort gc bong

12. US roors and german roors are still really fkin nice tubes

just make sure u get from a licenced retailer

13. There are a few newer companies out there (relatively speaking) which make some outstanding glass.

Look up Sheldon Black or Name Brand. SB split from RooR and NB came from Illadelph. They make some sick and innovative glass, my lhs just got a fuck ton of both of their stuff and it is impressive to say the least.

14. haha yeah Roor sucks donkey balls.....this guy:smoke: what type of tubes to you own?

puffer

15. this is what i was thinking...its kinda funny how in all these Threads when people ask about Roors everyone says they suck...well actually its quality glass with no imperfections...i have yet to see a Real Roor with any bubbles or uneven glass.

yes you pay a little more so if you are on a budget they are not for you..however i rarely use my Roor because its my collectors piece now..i like to hit my Sg mini's daily and soon will have a King Stemline later this afternoon....in any event Roor is quality but does not offer the newest types of diffusion that everyone is so crazy about.

if Roor came out with fixed stem pieces i know would be inclined to purchase one.....i feel Roor has hit a plateau but if they would just do some different shit like make a Mini tube line with some different types of diffusion they would be right back in the game.

if its your first piece a small Roor will do the trick

puffer

16. Get an HVY beaker. So sexy, for a great price.

17. If your thinking about a RooR you probably should just save your time and money and buy the baddest ass RooR you can afford straight up. You'll do it eventually;) just the German shit tho!!

18. this is a good suggestion...i would also say maybe look into a nice bubbler if you don't own any waterpipes.

i love my bubblers as much as my tubes and sometimes just feel like chillin with my bub instead.

OP do you pick something?

19. thick USA blown glass all the way. IMO;)