Thinking about a custom slide....

Discussion in 'Bongs, Dab Rigs, Bubblers, Water Pipes' started by poisonthedoses, Jan 15, 2011.

1. So, tomorrow I should be receiving a sick 14mm showerhead bub made by glassdistortion. AFAIK, it's coming with a pretty plain clear push slide. That's okay, but I want something sick! I'm gonna hit up glassmansdoll about getting a custom one made. I made a little mock-up in paint about the idea I had... but it's kinda ugly so i'll explain it lol.

Basically, I want the slide part to be about as long as the colored, gas-holding plastic part on a bic-lighter. The joint will be underneath that part, seperate, so the whole thing will actually be pretty long. I want either an ice-pinch or disc-diffused bowl, but I really don't know the difference or the pros and cons of each. Disc diffused seems like it would let less ash through, but ice-pinch seems like its got more flow. Do ice-pinches suck a lot of bud/ash through? are you supposed to use a screen in them, or does that defeat the point?

And one final question... with a long slide like this, could i also make it double as a carbon filter? like just put a layer of carbon in there and a screen in the glass joint? Or would that cause super drag and not work?

Anyways, here's the mockup, let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

2. The ice pinch slide I have lets in way more ash than my DD slide. Just as much as my push slide. Not all ice pinches are created equal though . . . maybe mine just has bigger spaces.

Hope it all works out for ya!

3. DISC DIFFUSED

[​IMG]
    4 hole Ice Pinch
    [​IMG]
    3 hole Ice Pinch
    [​IMG]

4. I know what disc and ice pinch look like.. Just asking which is preferable/better