Thinking a cal/mag issue.. help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by molegrower, Jan 18, 2014.

1. Hey all.. well I have sine girls in flowering. Spicey White Devil, Green Love Potion, and a Hawaiian Wave. about 5 weeks.. and the leaves are turning pale yellow and starting to wilt and fall off. This happened to my other girls as well, and I dint want to go the same route I had to with them.. early harvest.. crappy yeild :-(.. since I'm using ro water I'm thinking it's a cal/mag issue as I haven't added any to the soup... EVER. they are in 5gal buckets, roots are bright white.. I did a res change today. What I've added to the mixNutes.. iconic bloom/pkboosterBloom 10ml Pk 5mlSilica 8mlGH cal/mag 8ml (just added that today)Ph 5.5. Drifts to 5.9/6.1 over nightPpms 850Those are per bucketTemps stay around 75, room has its own ac unit. They are about 20 inches away from a 1000w hps. I did pick up some GH cal/mag additive which was added today to the res change.. I'm hoping this is what's wrong..and that it will be fixed.. here's the pics.. The lights were on as its in 12/12 right now.. Thanks ANYONE for some help uploadfromtaptalk1390072251828.jpg in the now :)

2. What kind of tent are you using?

3. Here's my Barneys LSD.. around day 36 in veg.. she's starting to do the same, well droopy wilty leaves.. why I'm thinking cal/mag..I added 4ml to her off the cal/magPh 5.5Ppms 500 uploadfromtaptalk1390072423277.jpg in the now :)

4. small plant for 850 ppm. check if it is fluctuating, probably could dilute a bit. it will also help keep your ph stable

5. [quote name="TheAnswer121" post="19364900" timestamp="1390082154"]small plant for 850 ppm. check if it is fluctuating, probably could dilute a bit. it will also help keep your ph stable[/quote]The flowering girls are at 850. They are about 4 feet tall.. the Barneys is at 400.. in the now :)

6. Well the new growth on all off them seem really nice.. it's there lower leaves that are starting to just get sine brown on them . Then I've been pulling them off when they are about to drop.. going they get better.. about 4 weeks to go on the flower girls.. the three being veg suppose to be going to flower in a week. I'm not sure they could handle things.. ill find out. On a brighter note.. the lsd new growth is looking very nice.. and where im supercropping the "side" buds are growing up as rapid as the v main ones . So far one branch having one main cola.. New is looking like it has too.. neat stuff.. and it's doing that at all for points I cropped.. wOoT wOoT!in the now :)

7. Barneys LSD :-( uploadfromtaptalk1390325550789.jpg in the now :)

8. uploadfromtaptalk1390325571154.jpg Flowering ladiesin the now :)

9. Hps light off. Fan leaves uploadfromtaptalk1390325608711.jpg in the now :)

10. What's the ph @

11. [quote name="mmman" post="19380931" timestamp="1390330351"]What's the ph @[/quote]Set at 5.6 drifts to 6.1 in 24 hours.. I'm going to calibrate my ph pen and see if that's off.. in the now :)

12. No more than I know about DWC, logic dictates to my mind, that drifting isn't good for the girls.

13. The drift is after I top off with water.. I test after I add it.. it always has drifted.. maybe that's the issue.. in the now :)

14. Did you study the chart? And, did you see the lock-out at the ph of your particular swing? Looks like there would be a way to stabilize your ph unless you have an issue that totally evading you that you're not aware of?

15. [quote name="mmman" post="19381423" timestamp="1390335817"]Did you study the chart? And, did you see the lock-out at the ph of your particular swing? Looks like there would be a way to stabilize your ph unless you have an issue that totally evading you that you're not aware of?[/quote]I looked at the charts.. and then looked again.. lol.. I'm going to recalibrate the ph pen.. I'm thinking that really is the issue. After doing more reading.. ill report back once I get that done.. thanks again allin the now :)

I havent read farther then this in the thread but 6.1pH isnt anything to worry about. If you are going below 5.7pH-6.2pH then there is a problem that needs to be corrected. In hydro thats what the pH drift should be (if there is one), nothing more.

Be ready for my updated post once I read the entire thread lmao.