thinkin' 'bout growin'

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by phiegnux, Jan 25, 2007.

1. im getting tired of not being able to find shit. so, im makin my own. or at least, i plan to. ive got the time, thats for sure, and an endevor such as this makes me feel like it will not only be a project, but a hobby that will produce rewards worth the effort.

"Since it's inception marijuana is natural. Given by God for all living
    creatures to use. Let peace and sanity prevail, let the herb grow free.
    There is no finer hobby on this planet, than tending to a garden that
    gives such delightful rewards." - Greg Green. The Cannabis Grow Bible

ive got the above mentioned book on my computer. i hope to find that its somewhat recomended.

i have a few questions. i have this lamp, right. its used for people with Seasonal Affective Dissorder. it is used to simulate the suns rays. i used to think that this was an ideal grow lamp, but im starting to suspect it is not. if anyone can clear that up for me that'd be great.

also, i want to begin growing with seeds found in a sack i bought. the bud was decent, but just by looking at it i could tell it had so much more potential had it been grown better. is this all right. i know the ideal source would be to find seed bank, but for the moment im short on cash.

2. That bag seed will be fine for your first grow, as long as you grow it properly. That light on the other hand, probably won't work, as you already suspected. Get yourself a small HPS light or some CFLs and get those babies planted. Welcome to the darkside my friend, and good luck! (Start reading you ass off!!)

3. Bagseed is a great way to start. I would have started that way but none of the stuff I buy ever had seeds. Most likely they light won't work. In the beginning you can get buy with some CFLs, just make sure you get ones that are towards the blue spectrum (mine were 6500K).

For flower you'll want to add either a lot more flourescents at 3000K or pop in a HPS.