thinkin about trying to coach little league

Discussion in 'General' started by redwingsfan, Oct 19, 2009.

1. but im only 18..... do you think i wouldnt be able to coach cause im too young? and if u could tell me any hints thatd be nice too

2. You probably can't coach, I think you need some type of certification. You could umpire the games though.

3. Start out umpiring.

Maybe look for a team who needs an assistant coach, perhaps?

If you do manage to coach, give all the players equal field time.

4. When I played in little league, the only prerequisite for coaching a team was having one of your kids on the team. I'm not sure if that's a national thing, or just a local rule though. The umpires were sometimes teens though.

5. Most importantly, you need to keep in mind that at the age group it's more important that they have fun than win (yes winning is fun, but you can have fun and lose too). I quit sports at an early age because my coaches were always more focused on winning, and either put me in center field or on the bench.

6. ... Why would this be someone's first post...?

I'm so confused...

7. i coached football baseball soccer and lacrosse from little leauge to high school level. Little leauge doesnt require anything but, for real, don't do it unless you are ready to put in the time and already have the knowledge, for real 40 hours a week. You will need to be able to adress 40- 50 parents at a time about team dinners etc. trust me just start as an assitistant youll enjoy it more. then get a feel and your own team.