Think!

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by StonedImaculate, Aug 31, 2008.

1. If you think about it.. everything is living, depending on your definition of living. Rocks are living, but just at a much slower pace than people

2. By "living" do you mean "being" or "existing"?

3. That picture reminds me of a salvia trip

4. Like I said, it depends on your definition of living.

5. whoa, wall of text!
    due to stoner mind, i wont read till
    space them out!
    and
    put space in between paragraphs!

6. Naturally you'll tell us though, like we'd care just because you wrote it concisely. :p

7. This is a post I wrote a few months ago. I'd like to bump it to see if I can get any more people to discuss the topic. The only way we can learn from eachother is if we talk, and I do so love to hear you guys' opinions :)

8. wise.

9. The only way. Someone here used to crusade against onlyness.

10. well i would have to say that i would disagree on multiple points on the subject. one i was a bit displeased when you say you dont follow christianity or islam, but you added a side note that Buddhism has good morals. by this you are implying that these religions have no morals and i see that as being completely ignorant of these religions and arrogant when you say bullshit religions because you arent even knowledgeable of these religions in the first place, and im sure of this because you said it has no morals.

second you say that you think the only right religion stems from your mind. now this again i think is being arrogant. this is you saying my thoughts are the best and right beliefs. this is you saying that you know all the answers on how to live life and which way and how. so this is you saying you know the answers which people have asked for all humanity. this also means that there is a religion for every mind in the world. so which religion is right?

you say that religion is a second consciousness. and you defined the first as what is right and wrong in the physical, and the second as what you believe are right and wrong. now i think you have a twisted definition of this and as a matter of fact i have no idea what you mean by first and second. but your definitions the first is societies views on ethics and morals and the second as your views.

now then what are the rules by which your 'religion' has you follow, because there has to be rules and if not then there is nothing. every thing is governed by rules whether you like it or not. who imposed these rules? if you believe in a higher being, than is it not true that the higher being would impose these rules? thus wouldnt you seek guidance from this higher being, for he is omniscient and we are very limited in our knowledge. so making these rules for yourself would make no sense.

you also believe animals are holy. well i want to know what makes them so holy. because they do what they must? then by this way you are saying that buildings are holy, because they do what they were meant for. rivers are holy because they must flow. machines are holy in this sense. and so everything else is holy because i believe everything does as it was meant to.

you say that you believe in multiple gods because you claim that other planets need gods too. does this mean that you god(s) is limited by the planets? if so than is it really a god.

i do support your view of humans being demons. but i would say that not each and everyone. there are those like demons, but there are also those like angels, for without one there is not the other.

i dont think sight is the root of greed. sight is just a tool but i think that its roots are deeper than that. it is in human behavior and characteristics. and i agree with your thoughts of money

i dont think all life would go to heaven cuz if so than there would be no need for religion.

i do support your enthusiasm for gratitude, thoughtfulness, consideration and good feelings such as those.

and i completely agree with major hits views on energy and positive and negative forces and with drsnuggles views on tools and bad craftmenship :D

11. Well I wasnt trying to diss on other religions. I'm sorry if you interpretted that way. If your christian thats fine. if you muslim thats fine. if your athiest thats fine. I was simple just saying I think buddhism teaches good morals.
    Let me try to re-explain my thoughts on religion being a second conscience. Immagine your first conscience being in the physical world, and the second being the mental world.
    I can't really explain my belief of animals any more than I have. I simply just think they're better than us because they aren't destroying they're creator, earth. We are quite disrespectful.
    And the reason I think there is at least one god, is because no matter how much you try to break down an atom, eventually, science comes to a halt. Think of us as a seed. Someone has to plant the seed for it grow (I'm not saying that a god has to have humoidlike features, as plants on earth for example, grow wildly without the aid of man)
    I appologize if you were offended by any of the material, it wasnt meant to be like that, it was simply just an opinion =p
    By the way, I watched a video about the tenth dimension, I learned a lot from it, I would recommend watching it, it will blow your mind =p

12. yeah man no hard feelings whatsoever but i was just saying that while buddhism does have good morals, so do most other religions. and all i was saying was completely my opinion as well and you are entitled to yours.

13. yep. and not just animate and not just living, but consciouss too. presumably on much less familiar scales.