Think your reservoir is clean?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by HydroDawg421, Jul 18, 2022.

1. I've been using food-grade H2O2 after draining, rinsing/cleaning/flushing my reservoir.

Once it was all cleaned and filled with HOT water, I added several cups of H2O2 and let it circulate through the chiller using a submerged water pump.

THIS is what it looked like about 3 MINUTES later. Prior to adding the H2O2, the water was crystal clear and looked like bottled spring water.

I now do this every 2-weeks!

IMG_4340.JPG IMG_4341.JPG IMG_4342.JPG

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
  2. What’s your setup like ?

3. Several cups? To how many gallons water?

4. There isn't a ratio. Just add several cups (4-5) to several gallons of water.

5. No like how many site system

How big is your res? Undercurrent ?

etc

6. #6 Rcass, Sep 13, 2022
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2022
    I have a pump fed recirculating Dwc/top fed hybrid with about 8.5-10 in the res and 5 sites. I found the following works if you do this after every run/harvest. 1part h2o2, 1 part isopropyl alcohol for every 10 part 120+deg (f) h2o. I let it circulate through the system for 1/2 hour or so. If you run synthetic nutes it will be an easy clean, organic is going to require a couple flushes.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks @Rcass for the method. Much more precise than 4-5 cups to several gallons of water.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Yw Cobg, I’m sure going with a less diluted solution would be more effective however I believe at some point it would just be wasteful as the effectiveness I would assume would plateau or be just overkill.

9. Want me to come and grow for you too? This isn't rocket science. Fill your reservoir and add 4-5 cups of H2O2. The results will speak for themselves. You can increase or decrease. Experiment. It's how we learn. Teach a man to fish . . . you need to learn to fish. We can't bait your hook forever!

10. In the end, as long as the reservoir/chiller is clean, what's the issue? The extra .25 cents in H2O2 that I added? C'mon man. This isn't a liver transplant. You are literally cleaning a plastic tote with hot water and H2O2.

When you wash dishes or your car what's the EXACT ratio of dawn detergent to how many gallons of water? What if the water is 90 degrees, do I need more dawn? What if the car is red in color should I use less water and more soap? see what I mean? . . .

Just pour some H2O2 in a tub of hot water and circulate it for a few minutes.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. For my h2o2 its 75 ml to 10 liter water.

I guess it depends from concentration to concentration. This one is 12%

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Thanks for sharing your most inner thoughts about ………

13. I'm sorry. It's just that I expect a little more from an "Experienced Artisian Grower" . . .

14. Just so you know, I asked the question for the benefit of those that are not experienced as you.
    Know this my friend. I’ve never asked for advise or assistance for any of my grows.
    You appear to be a excellent grower but when you lash out like you do, I’m not impressed.

• Like Like x 1
  15. My instructions were VERY clear! Add 4-5 cups of water to your reservoir and circulate. Stop being obtuse.

16. Thanks for your reply. It means so much to hear from you again

17. I don’t disagree with what you said HD421, however I do disagree with how you are explaining it to us. Please remember not everyone has the experience you have and are going to feel extremely uncomfortable asking a question on this forum that is supposed to be for support for new growers all the way up to your expert growers. When you use a condescending form of explaining it, that will only make viewers uncomfortable to ask questions as they may be ridiculed for being “stupid”. I don’t think this forum wants to create that type of culture. I’ve always tried to remember not everyone thinks like I do.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

18. AGAIN! I VERY CLEARLY stated to add 4-5 cups of H2O2 to your reservoir. WHAT DON'T YOU SEEM TO UNDERSTAND ABOUT THOSE VERY CLEAR INSTRUCTIONS?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. There’s no way any of us can convince HD421 of anything. Rcass was referring to Dawg’s rudeness, Dawg still thinks there is a conversation about H2O2.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I think this thread is at its expiration date, good topic just turned into non-value add.

• Agree Agree x 2