Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Think your getting ripped off...This is what you do

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by SotallyToned, Mar 15, 2013.

1. I've seen alot of beginners asking what to do if they think they are getting shorted. I have been smoking for almost 7 years :smoking: I've probably bought from hundreds of people and have had my fair share of getting ripped off. This is my advice to you! Enjoy!

If you are new to smoking you probably have never even heard of the metric system. STUDY IT! Know every measurement up to an Ounce!!!!!!!!!! This is what your bags will be called based on how much money you are spending. Names probably differ on where you live but you get the jist. "Gram, 2 grams, 8th, Quarter" etc etc.

BUY A SCALE!
    Where would I buy it you might ask??? Gas stations, head shops, places that sell tobacco usually. They all sell it for around 15-25 bucks.

So now when you purchase a said amount you can weigh that shit out. Make sure you are paying for what you got! It's your money after all.

IF your dealer was smart he would give you extra. My guy does. He knows i'm going to come back to him. He knows I am going to keep buying from him and I have for the past 3 years. He values my business. BUT most are just selfish assholes who become obbsessed with money. Usually they end up in jail, robbed, or snitch. Remember how I said there are hundreds of people selling weed where you are? That means there is a large market. You can "Fire" your dealer at any time if you think he's shorting you.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Now if you think you are getting ripped off please read below. You have several choices of action to make.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1). You can bring your scale with you to where ever you pick the trees up at. ((((This is probably the option that could end up with the most confrontation so please use discretion.))))

If you think you have been getting ripped off, do not mention anything about bringing a scale with you.

BEFORE you hand him the money, ASK POLITELY "Is it cool if I weigh this out". If he says yes. Weigh it. It probably won't match up with what you thought you were buying. Ask him "whats up".
    UNLESS HE IS ON HIS KNEES APOLOGIZING FOR FUCKING YOU DO NOT BUY THE WEED. I don't care how much weed you were about to buy. Don't buy it unless he goes out of his way to make it right. Remember about all the other dealers?

If he sits there and gets mad, pissed, angry tell him your not down with it. Tell him to make it right or you'll buy from someone else. Like I said this is the most confrontational option. But it has to be done. Delete this person from your phone, don't talk to them because you don't need them anymore.

You have just "Fired" your dealer. Congratulations.

This may suck because you may not know anyone else who sells weed. Trust me. I would rather not buy any weed at all then to get fucking ripped off. Don't support greedy people. You will find another hook up I PROMISE! I've boughten weed/meet weed dealers in the weirdest places.

2) If you think you have been getting jipped, bring said amount bag to your pad. Weigh it up with that shiny nice new scale you just invested in. If it doesn't weight out right contact your dealer.

Text or call every dealer has preferences on how they do business. Explain to them how you think you have been getting shorted. Tell him you measured it out and it didn't weigh up.

Once again Unless he offers to go out of his way to make it right. Fire his ass.

Tell him you are going to buy from someone else.

Congratulations you have just "Fired" your dealer.

RECAP.
    Basically there are fuck tons of people who sell. It's everywhere. You'll find it I promise. If your dude is shorting you and you have confronted him and he doesn't fix it. Fuck him. Buy from someone else. Until it's legal, or medical statewide we will always have to deal with shady, money ass hungry people. It's your money after all. Don't you want to get what you paid for???

Hope you enjoyed. Peace!

2. A lot of really good tips, +rep dude. Only thing I'd be careful about is the scale. You're better off just buying a sack and weighing it out ince you get home. If it's right, great, if it's short, don't buy from that guy again.

Carrying around a scale with you is majorly sketchy though, if you have the drugs on you too if you get arrested you're gonna get intent to distribute (a felony) whether you're dealing or not

3. yeah i wouldnt carry a scale with you. Just weigh it when you get home.
    if its less than a g off for purchases for more than 5 or 6 grams i wouldnt say anything. if its less than .5 g off for less than 5 gs then dont say anything.
    if its anymore then speak up, but try and be polite. Just text him and say, "hey bro, i weighed it and it was 'x' weight off." I dont have that much money so i'd appreciate not getting shorted."
    try not to be confrontational as that could end very badly.

4. Not really good tips dude, if someone is picking up big amounts, and he has driven to you with a big amount, and it happens to be a half off. You get angry, and tell him your not buying from him after the risk he took. He might end up hurting or robbing you.

Don't carry a scale around with you in a car, or weigh it out infront of the dealer. All your doing is taking up more time to be caught doing the deal. Buy a scale, and leave it at home. Weigh your sacks out when you get home, unless your going to pick up a big amount. If its off, just call your guy and tell him.

Sorry, gotta say not that great of a guide. Carrying a scale, and weed on you in most states can get you charged with posses with intent

5. Yeah i honestly agree with Atl. I would never bring my scale with me buying from someone. That's just asking for a fight or worse. For me, after I got to know my dealer and talked/hung with him for awhile and helped his bro out on his xbox.... then i started bringing my scale around (given he never shorted me). But I'd weigh it out in front of him he got a little offended but i told him "i know you aren't shorting me but it's my insurance".

The one time I for sure brought it with me was when I got an Ounce. In my car, took it out, he put the bag on the scale (There are NO dealers that do this that ive found) and it was over the weight - which was great.

6. I gave several options. Sorry you don't find any of the options helpful.

7. Haha if you buy from people that might "hurt or rob" I'm pretty sure your buying from the wrong people

8. That's good advice op. You are very correct, dealer's who get short tempered about customers who are verifying that they are getting their money's worth, are generally not used to people challenging them. They like deal to people who don't have any other contacts, or people not willing to confront them about skimping.

Just confront them, be straight up, if you don't want to bring your scale just tell them last bag was light and if the next one isn't compensated for then you're going elsewhere with your business.

I wouldn't think of it as anything different than the dealer counting your money. They count your money? I get to weigh my bag.