Think you need all the fancy stuff for a grow? Haha check it out.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kushay, Dec 2, 2011.

1. If you cant, you cant. Thats why I said, As long as its feasible. There's nothign wrong with growing cheaply, but if you have the choice / ability not too, thats when I dont understand.

2. I understand where you are comingb from main i would love a hsp setup and im saving for one god there expensive here 300 bucks for a 200 watt hsp. Is ridiculously expensive lol but the results are amazing judging from your pics, if any body knows the diff between results of hsp and cfl its you. Good luck with your growing amazing results :)

3. I was being sarcastic.

4. I live in a very small house so a cabinet grow is really all I can do. After getting some seeds I figured why not give it a shot for the fun of it. Of course I appreciate the big grows and all - looks awesome! But it's not feasible for me. Anyway, update!

I transplanted the little one today into her own little pot. She seems to be doing fine. I'm not expecting to really get anything off of her, but she's so cute and tiny I don't have the heart to kill her now lol.

Also looked over the big one today and discovered that yes, it's a girl! :D I think if all goes well I can get a few decent buds off her.

I'm having fun with it. :) To me, that's the main thing.

5. [quote name='"Kushay"']I live in a very small house so a cabinet grow is really all I can do. After getting some seeds I figured why not give it a shot for the fun of it. Of course I appreciate the big grows and all - looks awesome! But it's not feasible for me. Anyway, update!

I transplanted the little one today into her own little pot. She seems to be doing fine. I'm not expecting to really get anything off of her, but she's so cute and tiny I don't have the heart to kill her now lol.

Also looked over the big one today and discovered that yes, it's a girl! :D I think if all goes well I can get a few decent buds off her.

I'm having fun with it. :) To me, that's the main thing.[/quote]

Sweet!! Just a suggestion though. You're having fin now that it's growing, but what will you do after you harvest your big girl?
    :) I suggest a couple of tiny clones!! Snip one, maybe 2. Sit them in a cup of water and put a plastic bag over them.

If you're anything like most growers, you'll be sad when you don't have anything growing! Snip a clone and continue the process as long as you'd like. Also you'll always have a some bud to smoke, or some on the way. :)

6. lmfao thats awesome man, make sure you tell us the final weight after it's dry

7. order online - thats what i did for my second light. 600w HPS/MH dimmable ... 200 bucks

8. The little one ended up a herm, so I clipped off it's pollen sacs. I'll keep an eye on it. The big one is starting to flower nicely now. She's got 5 tops. Will be fun to see how she does.

9. [quote name='"Kushay"']The little one ended up a herm, so I clipped off it's pollen sacs. I'll keep an eye on it. The big one is starting to flower nicely now. She's got 5 tops. Will be fun to see how she does.[/quote]

Sounds like you're doing very well!! Any pics?

Remember when flowering to make surethere is 000 zero light during the dark hours!! This causes stress if there are light leaks and can make your plant herm. ;)

10. haha nice Kushay! Yeah some pics would be awesome....

You using any ferts? Ph'ing anything? Are you doing anything besides watering and letting it do its thing?

11. I think it's more likely that it turned herm because it started its life stunted in the bottom half of a soda bottle haha. But good to know, thanks lol.

I'll try and take some new pics soon. But naw, no fertilizers or anything. Just water and miracle grow soil with micromax or something, I guess it feeds plants continually for 6 months.

It's been an entertaining experiment lol.

12. UPDATE: I was lazy and didn't check the little herm for its ball sacks for a while and the little turd started pollinating itself and growing little seed pods. I decided to ditch it before it spread to my big girl, and thankfully I got it in time. I probably could have salvaged something from it but bah, lazy. lol

Bigger girl is doing really well. The plant seems to be putting all its efforts into the flowers now and has dropped it's lower fan leaves, while the upper leaves and buds look fantastic.

Pics!

Check out those trichomes! It's so fun to see this all happen in front of you. :D

[​IMG]

Here's a few more...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm going to be on vacation for 10 days starting in a week or so. I hope she'll be okay when I'm gone. I figure I'll have to move her out of the cabinet and get her somewhere with better air flow and make sure she's watered before I go. I wonder how much taller the buds (colas?) will get.

Thanks for looking. :) Remember, this is a just for fun learning grow. Bash me if you want but I'm having fun. :smoke:

13. #33 Kushay, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
    So a LOT has happened since I last updated!

The plant has been maturing slowly and steadily. Here's how she looked a week ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The fan leaves have dropped off and the buds have really been growing. The pistils have started to turn brown/orange. I haven't yet gotten a microscope to check the trichomes.

But she's definitely ready.

Last night I was out of weed and looking at my plant. Ended up doing a search for quick dry methods and decided what the hell, let's test this shit. I clipped off one bud and dried it using the tinfoil/lightbulb method.

It was fantastic. I'm not even kidding. Surprised the hell out of me. Yeah, it didn't taste the greatest, but it wasn't terrible either. I was flying.

Tried a little more today. Still buzzing off the few hits I took a half hour ago. I'm gonna let the plant itself grow a little longer because I'm looking to get a bit more of a stoned feel. But it's close to where I want it. Then I'll dry and cure her properly.

Overall, I'd call this little experimental grow a success. :D

14. It aint done. Id wait that plants at least 3 weeks out.

15. thats pretty cool considering you basically spent $0.00!!

16. Here's the bud I clipped and quick-dried. Will be waiting a while yet on the rest of the plant, but yeah. Good shit. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. If ya can wait youll really get some nice bud man.

18. What is the wattage of your one CFL ur using? Props on the grow btw!!

19. #39 Deerocks13, Feb 16, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2012
    You could get some pretty good results next time if you add another cfl, keep on lst'ing her, and get some decent soil. Just something to think about after you harvest this one. Pretty good turn out for your first time growing

20. Thanks! I started with a 23W "Daylight" 120V 6500k for veg, and then switched to a 23W "soft white" 120V 2700k for flowering.

Yeah I'll be giving the plant another couple weeks to mature up before I harvest. I actually prefer the stoney couchlock feel, and that really only comes with later buds. This is so exciting!