Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Think Weed Hurts Your Lungs? Think Again!

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by ThePhantom, Mar 7, 2009.

1. #1 ThePhantom, Mar 7, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2009
    Many people cite the one problem with cannabis as hurting your lungs. However, the incredible thing is, cannabis does absolutely no permanent damage to the lungs. This is empirically proved by a man named Irvin Rosenfeld (and a few other Federal IND patients). He has smoked 11 ounces of marijuana a month for over 25 years, and he is completely fine and even has a 108% lung capacity. The full, scientific report can be found here:

http://www.medicalcannabis.com/PDF/Chronic_Cannabis.pdf

Despite Rosenfeld's and the others' incredibly heavy smoking, there were no functionally significant changes in any physiological system, and believe me, they measured a lot of stuff (the whole list is in the report; if you choose to read, just read the abstract, as that has the important information). This report and many others before it (which this report also references) prove that cannabis truly is harmless, and may actually be beneficial in some ways. Hmm, who would have thought that the plant that can cure cancer isn't bad for you? Didn't see that one coming.

2. Wow, thanks for posting mate, a very good read.

3. Thank you, your affiance for this topic is highly appreciated.

4. Lol, thanks, but it is true. I am baked as a baked bean rigt now so hear me out.

A while back i was very dry, so were all the dealers in my area, and this is coming from a daily toker. So instead i took up smoking for a few weeks to get the bud off my mind, but then i found myself addicted to cigarettes like an absolute imbecile. I was always short of breath, and lost my breath very very quickly, after having a very good pair of lungs. So now that i have stopped smoking cigs and bud is plentiful aain, my lungs feel fresh, renewed if you will.

If that made any sense.....hehe

5. bro you confused me. its taken him 25 years to smoke 11 ounces?

6. Yeah i got confused on that too.

7. Yeah I'm way to stoned to do the math but 11 ounces over 25 years is...well not much I bet.

8. Thanks for posting man, i'm gonna show this to my mom next time she tells me that weed will give you lung cancer.

9. Lol, yea, fuck the math i say.

Most of us could down 11 ounces in a week hehe, or in a couple of hours if you are tommy chong.

10. i unno still a good post + rep

11. haha good read, ive heard about it but havent seen anything that extensive. I like the part where he bitched about the weed they got from the gov. Im hoping the 11 ounces was monthly, even though yearly would be pretty idealistic for the scenario. If it was over 25 years then good for him....fuckin lightweightass biiiitch. Still cool tho.

12. he meant 11 ounces a month i think.

13. no, dont fuck the math. it makes a big difference if he smoked 11 oz per year or 11 oz over 25 years
    i think this is complete bullshit. i thought it was a pretty well known FACT that inhaling any kind of smoke (especially the delicious, yet full of tar - weed smoke) is bad for your lungs

14. 108% lung capacity does not make any sense.

15. Sure doesn't !!:cool:

16. dudeeee. havn't you ever heard of power upssss

17. lmao.

Yeah. Not so sure on the credibility of this.

18. Well of course it does something to your lung, I mean your inhaling a form of smoke, it might be bad on the short term scale, but theres no long term damage in my opinion. But you can't say "it does NOTHING" cause thats bs

19. regular inhalation of smoke is gonna have long term effects. weed smoke might not be as bad as cig smoke. i reckon it isnt, because it tastes so much nicer.

but thats like saying toffee is better for you than brocolli cos brocolli TASTES LIKE SHIT.

my logic fails.

20. lol 11 O's in 25 years = smoke 1g a month lmao