think this will work?:)

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Hydroled420, May 5, 2017.

1. Ok so my friend gave me a soil plant, I don't usually do soil. And somewhat on a budget. So my question is here is how I set it up its my usual hydro growbox with my hydromars300. 4ft tall. 16in16in.
    It's in my closet I don't have money for another llight. So I maintained my temps between 72-83. Humidity 45 to 65. And decided to leave box open turn the light sideways and put this soil plant on the outside of it. Lol. Work? Or fail?
    If it works im gonna just put this soil plant 12 hrs in front of growbox and lights. And 12 hrs in bathroom closet same temp. But lower humidty and flower for 12 hrs in undisturbed darkness and just hand transfer daily ,
    Soo.. opinions? Think this will work? Enough light? Thanks :)

Attached Files:

2. I think the par values from the MarsHydro 300 fall off sharply with plants off centre, so maybe if you bring it lower it might help counter that?

3. Awesome thanks I'll lower the light th it's 24 inch. How close you think?

4. Right now its 24inch.

5. Ah sorry I'm just guessing that might help lol, I only remember reading up some of the specs on the MarsHydros before buying one. Heights they recommended in the leaflet were 30"-24" seedling, 24"-18" veg, 18"-12" flower.

6. take it out of the pot and wash the dirt off with a shower head and put it in with the others. it looks small and manageable enough to do.

7. So it should be good then? ?

8. You don't think it will stress my plant out?? I want to transfer from soil to my hydro but I was worried to kill it an s wasn't quite sure how I would get the soil off and transplant without hurting the root system or causing a trigger to male stress

9. Coverage wise at the moment I think you are fine, but that models coverage in flower is 1.5ftx1.5ft so it's going to depend on the mature size of all 3 of those plants. I'm just thinking if they get big, then to hang the 300 12" away in flower might not get the best coverage but I'm not sure what else could be done about that besides plant training or upgrading your light.

Edit: I would also consider transplantin to your bubbler though didn't originally mention it as I'm a noob so was under the impression you were only going to keep the best of the two plants currently sat in there.

10. How would I transplant without stressing it or killing it tho..

11. How to Transplant From Soil to Hydroponics

I'd probably not transplant if it's an auto though as they are more susceptible to shock, though it is possible, they're just more sensitive.

12. Take it out of the pot gently squeeze the dirt and root system. Spray with water. Then more water and finally... rinse it off with water. Depending on the soil mix, it could be very easy. If it has a lot of perlite, you can dip it in a larger bucket of water a few times and you are almost done. Don't sound like you have much extra light tho. Lifting the lights up to cover the plants doesn't help. And you want the lights as close as possible(without issues obviously).

13. Do not "carefully let the soil fall out of your hands". Those are massive chunks of soil. If that plant had a root system(the video) it would not fall to peices like that. The fragile roots that go through that mass hold on to that mass if they can. Take the chunk out and spray it, supporting the mass in your hand(or lay it on the ground, or bathtub sideways) Try to avoid massive chunks from ripping away.

• Like Like x 1