Think this grow setup would work???

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by DurbanPoison, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Ok, I'm planning on starting a small, first (well, technically second, because my first babies died when they were only 2 weeks old) time grow.

I plan on constucting a box - 4 feet long, 4 feet tall, and 2 or 3 feet deep. Then I am going to hang a 48" fluro shop light on the top of the inside of the box.

I then plan to plant 6 plants, in 3 gallon buckets, in this box. I am going to veg them for 1 1/2 - 2 months, then force them to flower.

I am going to see how this goes, and then if all goes well, I might try it on a larger scale. Does this plan seem like an ok one? I'm not looking for an enormus yeild, but I don't think it will be really tiny either.

What do you think?

2. *** Do you think it's ok for me to germinate my seeds, and plant them directly in the 3 gallon buckets???

3. i think that would work man would u only want the four foot tho? wat strain are they? yeah that does sound pretty good but y not just go hydro just get some rocks and a drip system really easy find some cheap blueprints on the web potheads make the best and cheapest homemade hydro shit man!! rock hope it goes well.

4. Well, the seeds I am using came from pot that had an Indica - type high. So I am assuming they are indica. Regardless, I'm going to bend a lot, training them to grow out to the sides, so height shouldn't be a problem. The box is going to be a monster as it is, lol, don't want to make it so unusally large it causes lots of undue attention.

5. I did something similar in an even smaller box (12" deep x 5' long x 30" high). You WILL run out of room :) I promise. Your setup does sound good and much more manageable than I had, however.

I would suggest at least 2 light fixtures, 3 if you can fit them in. Flouro tubes won't let off that much heat so the more the better (without burning up your plants of course). 1 Fixture won't cut it for that many plants.

I found some really slim profile 48" fluoro, double tube light fixtures, only 5" wide. I can fit two of them in my box mentioned above (160W total and 8,000 lumens roughly) and that's now my clone/early veg chamber.

Paint the inside of the box flat white, use good ventilation, control odor and put as MANY lights as you can in the box . . . can never have too many unless heat's an issue.

Pages 1, 2 and 6 of my My First Grow Journal have good pics of the grow box mentioned above.

Look forward to seeing your progress.

Gg

6. Ok, thanks for the info!!! Yeah, the fluros size was the problem, if I can I will surely fit more lights in there, but I was concerned about the size of lights. How should I go about controlling the odor of this box?