Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Think Think my friend is using me for my weed...how to kindly say fuck off?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Austria-Hungary, Jan 1, 2015.

1. I have a buddy and his brother who lives a little down the road from me.. A few weeks ago I got my first legal job at Amazon for the holiday season, making good money and getting paid every week, so at first I would go to the plug with them as backup since these were my first big purchases and I didn't want to go alone, we would go back to their house and smoke some, but even though they knew I only wanted to smoke a little, they always tried to pressure me into smoking more and more until I had blown through a whole dank eighth in less than a night. When I told them I didn't want to smoke anymore they'd be like, "dude you have so much weed, just smoke a little more!" until I finally caved and that they would give me (only) a quarter from their plant once it was done, but I've smoked well over $300 worth of my shit that I bought with them for free, and even when I did that they only complain about how its not as strong as the shit they get from cali, but still bug me to smoke more and more, and above that their mom always pretty much forces me to smoke my shit with them if I go over there, so I stopped going over there altogether. In fact their mom buys them weed sometimes and they don't even tell me, but are the first to want to hit all of my shit. I like to be around respectful, mature adults who have jobs and lives and can match instead of leaching off of me all the time. I like to pick up girls and go to new places, but they think all of that is pointless and would rather lay in the bed and play video games and smoke my shit all day and night. (supposedly its because of back pain, but that's no excuse to be a leach) And then when I stopped working that job, and told them I didn't have any money, they looked at each other with a puzzled look and asked "you don't have any money?"

TL;DR I don't wanna cut them off completely-they still owe me that Q. But I'm tired of them blowing my shit up trying to get me to satisfy them for free.

They sure don't sound like friends, they sound like losers.  Doesn't mean they'll stay like that - but if you keep breaking and letting them call the shots, you'll become that over time. 

If someone is complaining about the free fuckin weed you're giving them - bounce their ass out the door.  There are a special few friends you should hold on to, let the rest fade away.  These two sound like the latter. 

If they come over / call you to come over - let them know straight up that - while you can afford to smoke them out, you aren't going to until they hit you back with some of their own.  If they say they don't have the money - cut the quarter and them all together. 

Cut your losses.  Losing a quarter and saving your own self respect is a no contest decision. 

People who use you most are the ones who you think are your friends - ... that's how they fuckin use you.  At the end of the day you gotta learn how to tell people no - and in the beginning it's going to be difficult but you'll get better at it over time. 

3. #4 Reveille, Jan 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
    I had to deal with a similar situation when I first started college.  You just need to tell them straight up that unless they are matching, you don't want to smoke with them.  If you keep letting them smoke for free and try and smoke you out later, that "later" will never come.

4. I always give my friends weed when I have some but we always share in between each other. Nobody ever gave the other person money but we do share the weed. So just straight on tell them if they want to smoke your shit, they should give you back just as much as they've smoked, you're earning money for yourself, not for them. Besides they don't sound like such good buds.. So just tell them if they don't give you a reasonable amount back they can kindly fuck off and should not bother you any more regarding free weed.  

5. Yeah they definitely sound like losers, man. Their mom buys weed for them? I'm not trying to be a dick, but if you aren't underage then there is something wrong with those two. They sit at mommys house all day making someone else smoke their weed. I would drop them. No need to be nice about it. They sure owe you a quarter, but how many plants do they have? How much do you think they're even going to harvest? I can't imagine their 'equipment' if their mom is buying weed for them.

6. OP, they aren't gonna give you shit. Drop the free loaders, cut your losses and chalk it up as a lesson learned.

7. Fuck the quarter and fuck them. No self respecting knowing individual would put up with that shit...and it sounds like other than just being a nice guy, you have your ducks in a row....cept for these moochers. Write the whole thing off...if they come through with the quarter then smoke em up but I doubt you see shit.....fuck em AND the quarter.

8. just say it fuck off man

Sent from my iPad using Grasscity Forum

9. No one needs 'friends' like those. If you cut these parasites out now, you'll save that quarter (and more) down the road just from them not leeching it off you. But if you decide to keep smoking them up in hopes they'll get you that Q in the future, then they'll cost you a looot more.

10. steal the plant 👀

11. If he is using you than he isn't your friend. Sense he isn't your friend then who gives a shit about being polite. Roast the leech.

12. haha just cause he smokes weed, don't mean he's your friend. sounds more like stingy bastards. 

13. yeah, if theyre being dicks then dont smoke them out. ive definitely had people use me for weed, and been used for weed, but friends shouldnt do that to each other. i dont like hanging out with people unless we are getting high, it makes me feel like a 7 year old on a playdate. idk, i guess as you get older, social interaction becomes more of a means to an end i guess. i would just start bringing over the amount that you want to smoke, or just ask them to hang out even though you dont have any weed, and from there you should be able to tell if theyre your friends or just using you... 

it might seem like theyre using you for weed, but it sounds to me like theyre just lazy and dont have any money, and since youre coming over there to smoke with them they probably wanna get stoned. but if they have money and weed but just arent matching, thats really fucked up and uncool and i dont know why you would want to be around people like that. 

i had this one friend who sorta used me for weed, but he was also a pretty good friend, and i felt bad for the guy cuz he was all depressed, cheating girlfriend, no job, etc. but yeah, its the worst when you go over to someones house and then leave with no weed, because its like fuck, i was so looking forward to going home, turning on the tv, and getting high as fuck by myself.... 

14. Don't be concerned with getting the quarter. If you keep smoking them up waiting around for it, I bet you'll lose far more that way. That whole family sounds pretty fucked up... their mom making you smoke them up?

15. They are breaking all the rules. Forcing you to smoke your own is a no go. Degrading their free bud by saying they get better stuff from cali but never show it is no go. Is all this stress worth just a quarter of some bud they grew which is probably going to be stress if it even exists. Just never hit them back up. It isn't worth your time and life.

16. It happens, just don't even waste your time or breath and move on you can see what's happening so what's the problem and that Q you"ll never see that

Sent from my iPad Blood Eagle

17. So you know, they dont give a fuck about you and i promise youll never get that quarter they owe you. I promise. Ive dealt with guys like this too often.

18. Simple. Ignore them and don't talk to them anymore. They will back off eventually.

19. Move on. I know people that would do that to other people. Whenever they tried it with me, I told em to cough up some $. They got the point.

Seriously, make new friends. Find a connect of your own as well.