Think I've got a blight, any knowledge?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Businessmen123, Dec 29, 2010.

1. #1 Businessmen123, Dec 29, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2010
    I've tried everything resonable I can find to try. Leaves die from bottom up on otherwise healthy plants indoors. Some get slightly yellow and drop. Some get necrotic spots, some get withered and brown, some fry up. Normally after theyve been in a pot awhile, by the end of flower they almost dead. Theyre usually fine in veg, especially after transplanting. I read cannabis can get blight and leaf spot. Im pretty sure my tomatoes and peppers etc outside get something like that. Always thought weed was pretty disease resistant tho. Thanks will post pics asap

2. heres some old pics, coundnt find now where on my computer I put ones I just took.

Attached Files:

3. sounds like the plants are being underfed and suffering from multiple deficiancys. i really doubt it is blight unless you keep your room very dirty and messy.

4. Thank u for responding! Its not the cleanest but I try. They start getting problems when the plants still look great. Bottom leaves yellow drop and fry up brown while most of plant is dark green. Also I noticed recently what looks like fungal spores on the most fried brown parts of leaves. Like tiny white specks. Can't get a pic to show it.

5. any bugs? ie, lil black flys?... fungus gnats do that to the leafs wen left for a while...

6. Really? Ya I got em, but I think I've seen the damage even when I got rid of em for awhile. They're a bitch. Tried alot of stuff, I water with a few of those mosquito granules each time. That reminds me was gonna order some stuff for them. What do you use? I've never even seen the larvae still.

7. Heres a few more pics, the damage varies so much, the roots look good, no obvious fungus gnat larvae. Little brown maybe, but Ive flushed this plant and its been pretty wet.

Attached Files:

8. another pic, some leaves fry more then this to a brown crisp, some drop off just a pale green

Attached Files:

9. looks like it is underfertilized give it a bloom fert with pleanty of magnesium.

10. Wert I agree, some of those really look like it, but when I feed (1/4-1/2 strength) doesnt improve, usually gets worse, ive tried different nutes too. And it the plants will b dark green on top usually and frying, yellowing, dropping leaves from bottom up starting with fan leaves. I think I'll hit that reall yellow one with some tho

11. Did you check your soil ph and run off ph when you flushed? If your ph is wrong you will have defficiancys no mater what u feed them. Sorry I just noticed I didn't state this earlier

12. Honestly doesn't soil buffer ph? I've tried different soils, different waters. I'm in FfOf now 1/4 fflw. Been PHing to 6.5 in ro with calmag. Comes out 6.5 at first, but I noticed it reads like 5 after alot of water goes thru with a heavier watering. Just using aquarium ph drops.

13. ideally your soil should buffer itsellf but most of the time it doesnt. especially if you have to flush because of over fertilization

14. Why would my runnoff ph go so low after a lot of water runs thru? First bit is 6.5, then its like 5.0 even if I'm watering with gallons of 7.5.

15. I hit the worst one with some dyna bloom and a micro nute with some K and some N, in ro with cal mag. See what happens

16. get a soil ph test kit at the store. they are probably your best bet. if it is coming out low you might need to add some dolamite lime. dolimite lime is ca and mg so it could explain the low ph and mag deficiancy if the plant already used it all or you flushed it all out.

17. Oh I forgot to mention, I have done alot of taking plants in and out, and sharing of pots etc with outside garden. But hardly at all with the first grow, and that's when it started.

18. thats a good detail. then i could be blight. or a fungus. never bring outdoor plants inside or bring indoor plants outside. it just a good way to get pests and desiease

19. Well I hate to jinx myself, but they're doing much better after a decent feeding. We will see

20. it probably will temporarily your plants are deficient. but if you dont get your soil buffered properly the ph will continue to haunt you. as the soil drys out the ph will shift again