Think its male :( what u think?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by G35sxBoyx, Aug 10, 2013.

1. Check it out. 1st grow thinking is a male but who knows..? Lemme know what u think thanks

Attached Files:

2. #2 jmoney363, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    I can't tell much from the picture you may want to try a few better picturesTry to zoom in right where the fan leaf comes off the main stalk and there is a new branch Shooting out

3. Here are a few more

Attached Files:

4. not looking good sir. give it another day maybe, but it's a male from what I see

5. It's what i thought. It's cool free seed learning experience. But still saddening :/ thanks

6. my vote:  Male

~Sundance~
    Living in a FREE State:  Colorado

7. is it a good strain? keep the pollen and breed it with a quality female. you just made ur own strain and have unlimited seeds

8. Do you work at the post office? I ask because it looks like youve got a bunch of MALE

9. Lol could've just said its male and not been a dick head @[member="Alien"] face suck a nut suck my males nutsuck

10. Yeah I'd say male

11. #11 Storm Crow, Aug 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2013
    I'd let it mature if you don't have other plants going! Gather some pollen (put it in an air-tight container with a few grains of rice and refrigerate until needed) and then harvest him! Why? Everyone "knows" males are useless.......except they are sometimes JUST AS POTENT AS THEIR SISTERS!!!  :eek:

Cultivation of Cannabis sativa L. in northern Morocco.      (abst – 2005)
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21338017

In addition, the present study establishes that male plants, often considered deficient in delta-9-THC, contain levels of the same order as those recorded for female plants, both in the leaves and in the tops.

Now those dudes were not doing the old "Dry, try, high?" to assess the levels of THC! :smoke:   They were using qualitative analysis using high performance liquid chromatography with diode array detection and gas chromatography/mass spectrometry to figure out EXACTLY how much of each cannabinoid was in each plant!

This is not to say that every male plant is potent, but the ones with Moroccan genes can be good, even if they are males! The prohibs have their myths (pot causes cancer, etc), but stoners have their myths too! The myth that males are always "schwag" is just that- a myth based on partial evidence (This male is schwag, so all males are schwag). We need to start trying our males and use their potency as a way to pick the best pollen donors for our already potent females!

Every male is worth doing a "Dry,try,high?" on them! At the worst, you have a non-carcinogenic filler for your blunts, or to roll some  joints to give to that friend who always wants to bum a joint!  :cool:  At the best, you have the father of your new strain of "boy or girl, it's kick-ass" cannabis! :smoking:

Granny

12. Hey thanks for the detailed response ;) I'm such a novice to all this mj stuff I'm actually surprised I got this far :) it's a total bummer it couldent be a female but can u tell me in even more detail how I could possibly get something out of my male plant? Lol I understand if u don't wanna go step by step but that would b awesome if you did lol :D thanks again man I really wanna start growing more and more its becoming a passion :p