Think it will work?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by BudMan12345, Jan 20, 2009.

1. #1 BudMan12345, Jan 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2009
    Ok, Heres the deal i just started growing and this is my 1st batch, and im probably doing it the worst way possible but hopefully it works out alright. Im growing Indoor/Outdoor, I realize that this is prob the worst season to start growing but whatever whats the worst that can happen. I Germinated my seeds in a papertowel untel roots started to sprout. Then i filled a pot of Special Soil from home Depot pressed my finger into it a half inch and put the germinated seed in and sprinkled light soil over the top. I keep it outside during the day and at night i bring it in i have an old red light that was previously used as a heat lamp for my lizard. I have been putting this on the plant at night for about 3 hours because it only recieves about 9 hours of light from the sun i have 2 plants atm one has broken the surface of the soil 1 inch. i also have a different light florecent light 75 watt maybe more that i coudl use im trying to decide between red or that light when i use indoor lighting for my 3 hours and i start the last 3 hours of light after its been inside for 3-4 hours, becuase i heard this light shock would help influence the plant to be female.

LOOKING FOR ADVICE THIS ISNT A GROWING TECHNIQUE LOOKING FOR EXPERIENCED FEEDBACK ON IDEA's WHATS GOOD FOR IT WHATS BAD FOR THE PLANT. IS INDOOR/OUTDOOR GROWING BAD ECT.

2. when its young use that red light just for the heat. then add to the fluresent light at night aswell when you think she can take it. The days are getting longer so you might be able to just have it outside after march depending on where you are (Escondido?). Other than that you seem to be doing fine as long as you keep it up. Keep us updated and maybe post some pics maybe that could help us help you more.

3. Indoor/outdoor growing is a good technique imo...you just have to take the daylight hours into consideration to time your flowering cycles. It looks like your temps are similar to mine in winter so you could grow year-round.

The Red light isn't doing anything to help your plant grow. It is only infra-red, and is used to make heat.

I use 6 compact fluorescent lamps in my growbox to veg my plants and the good sun to flower. Shop lights are okay, but IMO CFLs put out more light for their size.

These two sites should help.

http://www.idcide.com/weather/ca/escondido.htm

http://aa.usno.navy.mil/data/docs/RS_OneYear.php

4. Another important thing to worry about going in/out is pests,...educate and arm yourself...

5. Thanks for the advice its really helpful ill try and get pics up growing area's and more information as the plant develops i also had a question about buying good seeds online. Where is the best site for purchase, and how is it legal to sell seeds?

6. if u live in escondido u can even keep it outside it get hot up there and perfect for ur seedlings

7. try Dr. Chronic...or the Attitude seedbank both are reliable and fast. As for the seeds,.. they are sent stealth. As the old saying goes, it's only illegal to get caught. If that happens, they take them and sent you a letter saying someone sent you something illegal, and has been seized... 5 orders now an no prob.. 4 from the Doc, and one from the Attitude. Peace ,... Happy growing!