Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Think I might have glass weed or something?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Stoned342, Sep 5, 2012.

1. I recently picked up a some g's from my dealer from what looks like normal weed (no smell, nothing odd inside the buds at all) but when I take a bong rip I spit up a tiny bit of blood with my saliva for a minute or so?

I know that it's just from this pickup because i've smoked some different buds in between and haven't had any problems at all.

I think it may have some glass in or something? Although wouldn't the bong filter that out? Would vaporizing this weed instead be a safe option? i've spent some money here, so I don't want it to go to complete waste :(

Also, has anyone had any similar experiences? It's pretty odd to me :s

Thanks blades :hello:

2. whoa man. im all about the weed but i would get rid of anything that made my mouth bleed. grind the piss out of it to make sure your nugs are clean. and yeah vape it if your scared that something is in it.

3. Weird..where do you live? I've heard cutting it with glass is more common in the UK. Also I would have to think that a bong would filter out the glass. And the melting point of glass is high so I doubt you inhaled any chemicals. Try grinding up the weed with your fingers. Nevertheless, be careful.

4. If there was any glass in your weed, you wouldn't have been able to get any in your lungs through the bong.
    Especially i you have a screen in your bong or don't pull through.

If you're sure it's the weed thats making you bleed... then throw that shit out and see a doctor.

5. take a nug and rub it against the back of a cd. If it scratches theres glass on the bud

6. i love how you typed all of that so casually. if i was spitting up blood from my weed, i'd be pretty paranoid

7. Haha well it was like the same amount of blood a tiny papercut would give. I wasn't coughing up a load of blood or anything bad but i'm certain I just took too big of a rip in the bong both times. It's pretty dry weed too.

Smells normal and I inspected the fuck out of it - theres nothing in it. So I earlier I took a smaller rip and had no issues.

8. Could just be random bro. I doubt it was glass that caused the blood.

9. [quote name='"Joe342"']

Haha well it was like the same amount of blood a tiny papercut would give. I wasn't coughing up a load of blood or anything bad but i'm certain I just took too big of a rip in the bong both times. It's pretty dry weed too.

Smells normal and I inspected the fuck out of it - theres nothing in it. So I earlier I took a smaller rip and had no issues.[/quote]

Mayb u bit urself b4 the bong rip? Lol

10. So many things explain spitting up tiny bits of blood, and weed with glass on it isn't one of them.

You really think that you liquefied silica to a gas and inhaled it, only to have it re-solidify inside your lungs to cut you? nah man never in a million years, probably your gums or something.

11. Thanks man, I did think that glass would be filtered through a bong but had to ask anyway :p

It could have been my gums, although I think it's cause I took some huge rips from the bong of dry weed. Been taking smaller hits and it's all good now :hello: :smoke:

12. Might want to get a check up just to be sure but no rush

13. No size bong rip should make you bleed dude.. no matter how dry the weed is.

14. Wait, people actually put glass in it in the UK? That's soooo messed up.

OP, maybe you have some kind of lung infection you weren't aware of? Perhaps the blood just comes up when you smoke this one due to coincidence?