think i might have a zinc problem, need help

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by ciscokid31088, Nov 14, 2008.

1. #1 ciscokid31088, Nov 14, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2008
    Soil
    temp: 80-83 with light on 70's with it off
    humidity: 40-50%
    Ph usually around 6.3 -6.5, last week or so it went up to around 7
    fert every few weeks with age old grow (12,6,6)
    only distiled water
    20/4 light cycle
    growing Scrog (trying to)
    150 watt Hps "sometimes i have 2, 42 w cfl's on it"
    its about a foot away from the light, hand only feels a little warm when holding it at tips of plants
    its ben growing for 2 months
    Planning on swiching it over to 12/12 in a few weeks. or should i do it sooner?

This is my first grow., and my first post. so hello everyone =) i made a stelth box that is 2' by 17" it seems like it will hold 4- small plants grown with scrog . im just doing tte 1st run now from some bag seed, that i thought was pretty good

it was growing fine under floros untill about 4 inches tall, thats when i bought my 150 wat hps and it started growin pretty quick. after about 5 weeks it was 9 inches and to tall for my growspace. i topped it down to aboout 7 inches and put the screen over it.

im experencing lots of new growth from the 1st few nodes of the plant. but he older fan leafs are turning yellow and dieing off...

also the new leafs forming arent an even green they are light green almost yellow while the veins still dark green and they are very droopy.

Could Someone please tell me whats wrong with my baby?

im a noob so some constructive criticism be welcomed.

Attached Files:

2. anyone know what is wrong with these plants? please, i need help

3. how often do you water, because it looks like they are absolutely being over watered,

Some of the lower leaves may die as it grows, thats no biggie..

4. #4 ciscokid31088, Nov 15, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 15, 2008
    i water every time the top few inches of the dirt is dry, although i dont seem to be on a very regular watering schedual. i just water everytime i think it needs watering.

also yesterday i might have over watered just form trying to add more nutes. i added a drop of superthirive top a gallon, and 1/2 cup of h202 to a gallon and used both to water the plants. also changed it from 20/4 to 16/6 light schedual. will probally change it to 12/12 in a week or 2

5. looks like overwatering, over feeding and stop using hyd peroxide - it can kill your plants if you get the dosage wrong

6. Defiantly looks like a Zinc problem or perhaps the start of a Potassium issue. Stop
    using H2O2.. what kind of soil is that? It looks bad.. Really weak.

And this plant is TWO months old?? No offense.. but.. she's a little small for
    8 weeks of vegging.. Have you inspected your root ball? Is it root bound yet?
    You are doing a SCRoG.. have you ever tried to repot a plant thats nested into
    a SCRoG? Its a pain in the ASS.

No worries.. I'm sure we can all get this fixed. Nice work on going SCRoG.. I'm
    doing my first one this grow and I love it.. I know I'll be doing 100% SCRoG from
    now on.

You should consider going to 12/12 soon man.. I went to 12/12 and my plant
    has gotten 4x larger.. It's actually a problem for me.

Can you post some fresh photos so we can see how she's progressed?

Sorry for being so blunt.. not trying to be a dick man.

Take Care

:bongin: ~Experimentalist

7. lol no worries, i need the advice.

um i bought the soil from a hardware store, it was just called potting soil. was the most basic stuff i could find. with the least amount of nutes in it. i think the next time im gonna go fox farm soil, i read that its pretty good.

i also topped it like 3 weeks ago from like 10 inches down to 6 or 7 inches and then put it under the screen. I let it get to big for my grow space lol. ( my flowering chamber is only 36 inches tall) eventually i want to get like 4 or 5 small 1 - 1 1/2' tall plants goin scrog) so thats why i think its growing so slowly, that and prolly all the stress ive put on the plant by over watering and nutes i think.

i also added more soil onto the top of the old soil. the pot only seemed half way full after so long will the roots grow up into the new soil?

well i will post some more pics tomarow for an update as of right now its are looking alot better leafs are pearking up and starting ot be a more even green. i also ahve the ph down to 6.5

8. #8 ciscokid31088, Nov 18, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2008
    well heres an up date. ive held off on the watering for a few days and i think its done some good. starting to look way more healthy in my noob eyes. i also stoped adding h202, i only adaded it once so i think it didnt do much harm

do u guys think i should wait or start 12/12 right now? and if so i have some fox farm big bloom formula thats .01 - .3 - .7 and the bottle says to use it every watering. should i do this? and when should i start adding it? the day i swich to 12/12 or a few days after or something. should i add i last dose of my age old grow vegg fert before i start to flower? the last time i use it was 4 days ago.

here are the pics. also have some of my set up a bit.

Attached Files: