think I may have permanently fucked my head up

Discussion in 'General' started by CountGlockula, Feb 24, 2012.

1. #1 CountGlockula, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    First off, fuck alcohol
    Second off, if you read this I send you a thousand thank you's and goodkarma..

I guess Ill cut to the chase and say that I think alcohol may have fucked me up indefinitly.

I began drinking heavily once I was 18yo (mind you that I had the maturity of someone who was 15-16, late bloomer I guess) which consisted of getting shitfaced every weekend for a couple months then sporatically after that.

The past few times I've drank a decent amount (drinking to get drunk) I noticed the hangover was worse and lasted longer than each previous time, sometimes stretching through a week.

Well I went and got shithoused the other weekend and the effects lingered well into next week, with memory problems.
    After this I began research and found out the effect of kindling, which is basically what I described above, where the hangovers build on themselves to the point where its an actual withdrawal.

So the point is, that I think all this alcohol has culminated, and now I'm having mental trouble.. memory problems and social interaction included.

But my question is this.. was one year of heavy binge drinking enough to do this to me or could it be something else? I got invited to party for a week in spring break but I doubt ill even go now. This is seriously tearing me apart, not even the noticable problems, but the anxiety that I could have royally fucked myself and my life up.

Not really even sure why I posted this on a bud website, but I guess I'm just looking for support or advice.. I really am scared as I always prided myself on being strong mentally and now I just feel off and not like the me I know..

Thanks for anyone who reads this or gives advice.. goodkarma on your way

2. Whether or not the one year of bindge drinking caused it is irrelevant

You just need to acknowledge that it 100% did have an affect on it in someway shape or from.

Maybe it was a big factor, maybe it was a small factor, no matter what, it did have an effect.

Its up to you if you keep drinking.

All drinking causes your body harm no matter how little or how infrequently you do it.

But people have a hard time understanding that these are problems that come many years down the road, and its impossible for an individual to assert what damage came from where.

But if you keep your finger on the pulse of the latest in health studies, you will see that small amount of shit over the years has huge effects later on.

With all the drinking I did in the past 2 years of my depression, I undoubtedly caused some form of irreversible damage to my body.

All I can hope for is to make better health choices in the future to help reverse some of the damage I have acquired.

3. Your body is still developing at 18, this is why the drinking age is 21 because doctors have determined around 21 your body/brain is almost done developing, plus its probably not a good idea that immature 18 year olds are out drinking. Yet again, if they can fight for their country and literally die for America, why cant they get drunk if they want? That makes no sense, so I'm in favor of lowering the drinking age to 18 for military personnel.

Binge drinking for a year is going to have consequences, alcohol is pretty destructive and when abused it does have an impact on your body.

If you stop now, for months, and allow your body to heal then you'll feel better. Even after a few months that doesn't mean you should get shitfaced again, it means you have control and moderation when you drink. Don't do it every day, save it for the weekends.

4. i'd go to a doctor if you think it may be that serious. any advice given to you over the internet by somone who isnt a doctor is bound to be imcomplete, and therefore harmful. im not a doctor, but i can tell you with great certainty that quitting booze right this minute wouldnt hurt. you would only get better by the day. drinking lots of water flushes toxins out of your system. niacin also rids the body of toxins. organic foods. exersize (weights and cardio, especially weights). those are all guaranteed to help at least a bit.

one thing im less sure of (but it stands to reason), is to cut down on bud. i have found through personal experience that ingesting excessive amounts of bud increases my subconcious appetite for chemical euphoria, not just from bud, but from anything. it may be different for you, but bud might tempt you to drink.

5. The Gary Null Show - Progressive Radio Network

Check out his radio program from 2-24-12

The first segment is about the negative impacts drinking has on your body, and what you can do after a night of drinking or before to help diminish the negative side effects of alcohol.

I was happy to know that I already have many of the suppliments he mentioned like

Buffered Vitamin C and NAC (N-acetyl- cysteine)

have to listen again when I get home because I was busy at work.

Check it out buddy, drinking hurts you, but you can help reverse the negative side effects.

6. Exercising, eating healthy, and staying hydrated will physically improve your bodies condition and help you mentally. Of course the most important thing you need to do is stop drinking for a while, months, maybe a year.

7. Alcohol is addictive and it's withdraw can kill you.

If you're getting headaches then you should ween yourself slowly off.

8. He's already stopped drinking, so I don't think its a good idea, or necessary, for him to slowly stop using since he already stopped.

All you can do now is exercise, eat healthy, stay hydrated, and stop drinking.

9. [quote name='"JesusGotBaked"']Your body is still developing at 18, this is why the drinking age is 21 because doctors have determined around 21 your body/brain is almost done developing, plus its probably not a good idea that immature 18 year olds are out drinking. Yet again, if they can fight for their country and literally die for America, why cant they get drunk if they want? That makes no sense, so I'm in favor of lowering the drinking age to 18 for military personnel.[/quote]

No thanks. The military is already handed shit that normal citizens couldn't dream to receive.

Last thing we need is the military (a collection of the dumbest minds controlled by a few smart minds) drinking. If it's going to be 18 it's going to be 18, not military only.

I'll be damned if military service is a requirement to drink.

10. [quote name='"JesusGotBaked"']He's already stopped drinking, so I don't think its a good idea, or necessary, for him to slowly stop using since he already stopped.

All you can do now is exercise, eat healthy, stay hydrated, and stop drinking.[/quote]

Obviously if he's going through withdraws then cold turkey is a poor choice.

But if you got lucky and weren't that far into dependence than yes, flush your system

11. That's a pretty ignorant, close minded statement. Everyone in the military is dumb? They make a commitment to serve and protect the constitution, they don't sign up in order to fight for unjust wars, although they can be made to. It takes a brave and intelligent person to be willing to fight an enemy they can't see, it takes brains in order to coordinate a clever attack on your enemy and work with military equipment. Some of the smartest people in the world work for the military; scientists, doctors, pilots, etc.

You have a problem with the wars? Then go to congress. Military personnel have absolutely no say in what they can and cannot do. If they're told to fight an unjust war, its done so because congress voted to do so and the president authorized it. People in the military are some of the most brave people America has, willing to risk their life for our freedoms and constitution. Some of them are idiots, but the majority of military personnel sign up to protect America, and we need them.

12. The thing is I've never been dependent on it.. I believe its just a culmination of it all. And cold turkey implies that it was a habitual thing, where as this is more just a spontaneous thing. I hadn't drank in about a month prior to this last binge,however, I guess I should add that I had all the withdrawal symptoms, like mild headaches, major depression that I am now only climbing out of, my social interaction seems almost stunted in a way.. just been off, I would say

13. damn niggy if you consider getting fucked up on the weekend the mentality of a 15 year old then consider me a fetus cuzzzzzzzz

anyways, your all gravy . just keep it pushin.

Roll^.

14. Lol. That is some hardcore shit man.

To OP: Try not to worry yourself too much man. Worry/anxiety actually causes the type of problems you're talking about its self (anxiety symptoms are practically endless, the power of the mind and all that..)

I think if you keep yourself occupied, don't worry, don't drink and try to just generally be healthy you will be OK. Lots of people have done much worse than what you have said and have gotten away ok.

I live in Scotland. You're fucking abnormal if you don't drink every weekend...lol...not good, i know. Probably why my country is so full of fucking morons.

15. i dont get why people drink by themselves.

16. #16 Richard Dawkins, Feb 24, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 24, 2012
    I was huffing in high school. I fucked myself emotionally and psychologically, on top of my other problems. I truly believe I stopped growing emotionally from all that shit I huffed and probably develop cancer because of it.

17. The same happened to my friend. He's all burned out in shit
    :(

18. Mate... I honestly dont think a year of only drinking heavily once a week is gonna have that much of an effect on you.

Seriously, unless you had pre-existing mental conditions or something, I highly doubt that was alcohol that caused it. Like "mr man fan" said, your drinking habits are actually fairly light compared with most British teens your age (me included, but been cutting back recently).

Its all in your head man, or something else caused this. But thinking about it is only going to increase it's magnitude - placebo effect etc

19. Stop drinking for a few months and you'll feel better.

20. Lol. I feel ya man, i had a similar experience except i started binge drinking when i was about 15 and finally realized my symptoms at the age of 17. I was drinking quite a bit for the age i was lol, at school, at home, in public, i loved it. It helped me cope with my anxiety...but as we know what goes up must come down and holy fuck ill tell yeah i was a paranoid WRECK halfway through grade 11 and into 12 b/c of alcohol withdrawal.
    Thank god for weed, helped me get through that time in my life.