Think I have a Hermie...

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by robertrobert, Sep 9, 2016.

1. Hey friends,

First time poster and first time grower. Ive got 3 Blue Power plants in a small tent and over the past week ive noticed the white hairs turning red/brown/rust. The 3 plants are currently week 5 of an 8 week flower and the biggest and boldest of the three is having the issue.

I noticed that about half the white hairs turned brown and so i started reading on possible causes since I felt it was a little too early in the stage for this (and the others haven't turned at all). Couple things keep popping up in the forums.. Plants getting stressed and going Hermie and light burn. I was kinda thinking it might be light burn since this guy stretched and was a little close to the 500w LED (maybe 10 inches). I started digging under the buds and started seeing what look like balls. The only thing is that they are not grouped, just one here and one there.

The plant is still producing and looks healthy, just the color of the hairs. As noted, I have two others in the tent, basically butted against each other and they don't have an issue. I know once you find a hermie, you should ditch asap, but I need some advice before i ditch it since it looks great and is only a few weeks from being ready. Ive posted a couple pics, can get more if needed.

I picked a sacrificial limb off to explore and get good pics. Any assistance would be great! Thank you!

Strain: Blue Power
    Lights: 2x 500w LED
    Tent: 4x3x5
    Nutrients: General Organics (following their schedule)
    Week: 5 of 8 in flower

Attached Files:

2. Right in center of pic is what I think you're referring to. Looks like a male flower, but I can't zoom in enough. I had 2 hermie on me 3 weeks in...seeded my whole tent. Some say you can pick the flowers if you catch them in time. I didn't. Try to get a better pic of that spot.