Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Think I got hosed..

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by bbfordhp, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Sounds like a dumb question but how can you tell if your weeds been keifed or ran for BHO.

2. If its been kiefed and its still a solid nug, then there will still be crystals on the inside that still get you high.
    If your weed has been used to make bho, it will be extremely dry and brittle and it will have next no THC in it, you can definitely tell if its been ran with butane, it will smell like nothing, it won't even smell like alfalfa if it was shitty weed to begin with, so if it has that bad hay smell its safe to say it hasn't been ran with butane

3. #3 bbfordhp, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
    Ok heres the thing..

This weed came in nugs, has crystals, but when I scope it all of the mushrooms heads are broken off even when ya break it open!

It got me high the first few times, but really now I can smoke the shit all day and never get high as I want. Whats the deal just strait up pretendica, tolerance, to soon of a harvest?

The smoke smells very similar to taking a dab of oil..but yet, the weed still has its own aroma too.

I've only had a scope for a few months...so perhaps its common enough. Trichomes are unlike anything i've saw yet though. Underdeveloped?

4. Plant was probably pulled too early, maybe the tric heads didn't develope?

5. For sure thats most logical.

I know they run a shit ton of BHO, and why does the smoke smell like dabs though... idk, i've ran bho a few times but always grinded the shit out of sugar leafs. Never tried a whole nug, no idea how it'd turn out..

Anyone ever heard of bogo butane?

6. it probably smells like dabs because....the shit left in the dabs thats the little part thats not thc and cbd, or cannabinoids is traces of butane. I figure it would only make sense that your bud may have been ran with butane because it smells like dabs. You needa butane torch for dabs..amen partner. find a new hookup. Just remember if you have to question it, find a new dealer.

7. #7 angusbeef, Feb 27, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2013
    Ya know thats what I'm really thinking.. I know they get butane by the PALLET.. I still get high off it though, guess if you're running whole 3 ish gram nugs in your extractor its gonna be impossible to extract all of the cannabinoids off the buds right?

My caregiver been gettin hosed for the last 5-10 years straight if my theory is correct, poor guy.

Just can't figger why else all those long squiggly trichomes wouldn't have heads and the smoke smells like dabs! The hairs are all receded and appears to be fairy mature otherwise! Of the few heads left I thought I spoted an amber one... i'm not scopin ever nug or anything.. once when i first picked up the bowl also kind of mysteriously caught to much of a flame as well.

Ohhh, boy.. how do ya tell someone that doesn't even like to be told how to upgrade out of miracle grow and a 5 gallon bucket his best weed hook up buddy been hosing him.. i'd have to be positive.

Anyone else?

8. I've actually been wondering the same thing about one guy I know recently.

I'm tight with two guys who deal together, but hadn't been picking up from them for awhile because they've always had the same problem with their weed, I'll go into that later.

They texted me telling that they got a new supplier, so I got a sample of their newest pickup and was hyped because I hadn't found any good recently and this was some FIRE, beautiful piney almost gin-like taste, loved it, got me FRIED.

So I text him to get 2, cause I'm broke, and show up. He hands me it, we're both in a rush so I don't look at the bag til I get in my car. When I get there, the weed LOOKS like it's old, brown dry leaves here and there, general loss of colour (still green with a ton of dark brown hairs), and almost no crystal on it. Upon pulling it out of the bag, I realize it's squishy and almost damp to the touch.

Smoke it, it gets me a buzz but not much else no matter how much I smoke.

Then I think about it, and realize this is exactly how all their other bud has wound up, having VERY little smell and lack of taste/shitty taste, with the same feel and look to the bud.

So I got to thinking... Hm...

9. Most are straight and not very long as far as I have seen.

10. No offense but if you mean $2 he probably sold you the either some taned weed or some dooky poo poo because you wanted a 2 sack lol

11. Idk the shit I grow looks amazing under a scope lol... big circluar heads...

12. With long squiggly trics? I know they all got the round heads just never had a squiggly trichome.

13. [​IMG]

Idk, the shit I grow looks way different than this on a scope but you can see some "longer squiggly" nice trichomes. \ idk dude, call em straight w/e, they missing the heads :p.

14. I think he meant 2G's fronted or somethin, or maybe he usually buyes more and only had enough for 2. 2cents:smoking:

15. I've wondered often about my buds that are loaded with trichomes without the heads. If they were "kiefed" wouldn't all the trichomes be gone? Maybe when the stalks are still attached, the weed smells great and gets me ripped, the heads were either poorly handled or lightly shaken, not stirred with butane? I dunno...anyone else have any experience with people lightly shaking buds to harvest only the heads?

Once my friend went into a dispensary in California and as she passed by a door that was ajar, she saw a few guys shaking buds obviously to remove the kief but she didn't know how much they pounded on them or if they were later sold as medial grade. I've had some awesome, tasty weed without the heads but otherwise were loaded with crystals without the heads. Talk about loosing your head....some buds have lost theirs mysteriously....but how and why?

16. Kief box could be it, I have seen a lot of kief come off of a pound, but never have scoped the bud afterward.

17. Even if your nugs are being kief boxed, they still contain THC on the inside, they won't be able to get the inner stuff unless they tane it and its easy to tell if weed has been taned lol