Think I Found Tiny Bit Of Boytris

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by elanlee123, Aug 15, 2014.

1. #1 elanlee123, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2014
    Hey recently lost a plant few weeks ago to boytris so I been regularly checking my only girl left by opening the buds up and letting air go through them more easily.today I was doing my routine check and found a bud close to the top which on a leaf tucked behind by the stem was a small match stick head sized patch.i immediately cut the bud off. My plant is 7 weeks into flower and stated by breeder it's 8 week strain I don't really want to chop her my trichomes have only started turning partly cloudy so I am confused what to do here is a pic of what I found sorry if it's not perfect image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. I hate that shit. It's my worst enemy.

3. Hahha definitely any advice on what to do ?

4. That's really all you can do is cut it off if your that deep into flowering. We have such crazy weather with humidity here that it's hard not to get it on your bud. Did you use anything before you got into week 7?

5. Use? like what mate i been opening buds nearly every other day checking for the rot. nothing except the tiny bit I found on a leaf today going to do a good hour inspection tomorrow of every bud and hope there's nothing

6. You need to dehumidify your room. Anything over 60% creates the perfect environment for mold.

7. Wondering if you used anything like Serenade on the plant in the beginning weeks of flower. If we didn't use that or a homemade remedy here we wouldn't have anything but big buds with chunks missing from them. Lol

8. Also I'm outdoor here so it's a battle.

9. I put a mini dehumidifier inside with the crystals in would buying a small litre or two dehumidifier help now and stop the spread my humidity is 50 lights off which is till high and spikes past 60 as soon as lights off

10. no I didn't mate looks like i will have to use a dehumidifier and see how that goes thanks for your replys though

11. When your lights go off do you keep a fan on the plants moving air 24/7? It doesnt matter "as much" in veg but I NEVER turn fans off in flower, that air should be moving, though if your humidity climbs past 60 youre rolling the dice. The dehumidifier might help.

12. yes mate fan in all time and extractor fan does it have to be blowing directly on the plant the humidity spikes for about hour then settles back down to 50 range

13. Ive had it blowin across mine for every crop for a decade.

Keepin a moving fan is ideal brother. But if all you got is a box fan, i jus hung mine from the ceiling with a chain and anchored it so it spins back n forth due to gravity ha :smoke:

14. #14 rain dancer, Aug 15, 2014
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2014
    Maybe @[member="The Letter 3"] can chime in on the dehumifier! :smoke:

15. I have to use a de humidifier where I am. outside rh quite often over 70
    using an ecoair desiccant, it creates heat but brings rh down pretty fast then turns off.  on the hotter days I just use my portable ac unit wich bring rh down at same time and cool down whole house :)

16. Cheers guys I done a long inspection today and found two suspects. one had a web looking substance on two pistils that had locked together wasn't sure if it was that it was so small could of just been thc and the pistils. but out she come and another had a little chunk in the stem as if something had a bite so out she come as.not long until harvest so I got my oscillating fan which turns 180 degrees on them all time if I get a little wind burn who cares it's better than the rot.i will give her another few days and check again any further suspects she will have to come down.will let you all know if everything ok cheers guys

17. is this the same problem ... I have no magnifying glass :( ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1408188397.724837.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. looks like it, but ive no experience in bugs yet. only pics

19. That looks like a spider mite problem. You can see the lil white marks they leave from sucking the life from her. Flip the leaves over and look very carefully. Use a jewelers loupe if you have one because they are small. Check it out and get back with us.